Bust Wilver + Bust Coppa (New Pics)

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Hey, dudes, the dudes and I got out for some good ole' relic hunting this evening. We decided to hit the superly productive farm that has been producing for many months. Since the farmer had just harvested a new field that we had our "eye" on, we decided to give it a try. At 4:25 p.m., Zoy and I loaded our metal detecting gear into our "Treasure Vehicle" and sped to the location to meet our good buddy, PACO.

While coming to a halt next to the field, PACO was driving towards us at a decent speed. He must have been in a big hurry, too. Heck, there are some sweet relics waiting to be excavated. So, once we both parked our nice vehicles, I asked the first question, "Yo, PACO, how you doing, PACO?" While unloading his gear, he looked over at me, "Good, good, good, Kirk. How are you, Kirk?" While unloading my gear, I looked over at him, "Good, good, good, thanks, buddy." That was when zoyboy looked at me, and stated, "Get your damn gear on, tune that frickin' datector, and go make Ken White proud!" :D

After that sweet dialogue, we were soon walking out to the area of the field that we wanted to relic hunt (I like to say "relic hunt," even though I don't like "relics.") After my good buddy, PACO, tuned his MXT, he soon was yelling out an awesome find (I won't tell you dudes yet. PACO will post tomorrow). That was when I yelled, "YES, I knew something was located here. We knew something, men!" After PACO's recovery, zoy found a good relic that made us get more serious. I decided to focus in this area, too, and about 15 minutes later, I was rewarded with a nice "Q" on "Quarter" hit. I got down on my metal detecting digging knee (my right one...I am not an old man, so I don't need to get on both of my knees. I am not an old man, so I don't need to excavate my relics with a long shovel while standing) and dug down to the desired depth of 2". That was when I plucked out a green disc. I yelled over at the men, "Coin! Large coppa!" Zoy and PACO ran over to me and congratulated me with many handshakes. Dudes, I don't care how many Large coppas I dig, I will always show enthusiam for each one. Some dudes just don't have the energy to show our excitement or they just don't do it in fear of having a heart attack. LMFAO

After my coppa recovery, we soon were excavating but-tins by the handful. PACO was soon yelling out another great find, which I will let him tell you about. I then decided to focus in the vicinity of his area and was soon rewarded with a broken "P" on "Penny" signal that pinpointed at 3". After flipping some soil out of the professionally excavated hole, I saw a coin at the bottom. It was WILVER! I picked it up and that was when I saw what I had found. I, literally, yelled out, "Capped Bust! Capped Bust! Bust wilver! Capped half dime!" It was an 1835 Capped Bust wilver half dime! That was when zoy and PACO were both running at me from two different directions. When they got to the Capped Bust excavation site, we were all jumping around like little children. I even shouted a few curse words that went along with my excitement. Heck, I ain't no ambassador to this hobby, so I don't care what others think about my passion. hahaha I bet the landowners heard us shouting from two hundred yards away. Seriously, if any of you dudes have health problems, I would advise against these zesty celebrations. LMFAO

After the excitement calmed down, we got back to professional business...the seeking of oooold coins! I was soon plucking out but-tins. I felt like a cool dude (I love you Mona) today, so I detected like a cool dude would...I swung my detector with coolness (Kisses to you, too, Mona). Only the cool dudes find the good stuff. LMAO

Since darkness was soon upon us, we headed back to our vehicles with the look of disbelief on our faces...this day will go down in "Bone Dry Datecting" history as the best yet! I won't disclose anymore information because I don't want to steal zoy and PACO's thunda (thunder).

Now, the large coppa I dug has very little detail. BUT, I can see part of the wreath on the reverse and somewhat of the bust on the obverse. I can conclude that it is a Draped Bust coppa...I will do an olive oil soak overnight...hopefully more detail will become evident.

Dudes, we find coppas like some people find clad. :D The stuff is just waiting to be found, so go find it!

*Check out KirkPA's top 25 this coming Sundee...there will be some changes. hahaha

*All relics were found on private property with total consent from the people who are getting taxed on this historic earth.

cappedbust004.jpg

cappedbust011.jpg

coin002.jpg

bust005.jpg

bust010.jpg

Upvote 0

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Bust Wilver + Bust Coppa

You might wanna try DonSJ's peroxide method for that coin--before you put it in olive oil!!! I've had EXCELLENT luck with this method on my old LC's and other coppers...

Capped Bust Dime????!!! THAT'S A GREAT FIND!

I made a prediction for a Draped Bust for you two...of course...that was your other site...BUT I'm holdin to my prediction. When you find that first WHOLE coin from the tavern. ;D

Cheers,

Buckleboy

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very nice! The XL PRO STRIKES! Those are some great finds bro....and having your buddies there to share in the excitement makes it that much better.

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

Amazing! Looks like someone took a hammer to that poor half dime :-[. Can't wait to see what the other guys post!

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL

Thanks, guys, your replies touch my super-inflated heart. :D Buck, it is a half dime! Zesty Jim, that camera would have been snapped in half, if it had been a part of the celebration. I ain't no "girly man." :D

Mona, I am waiting for your loving reply to my thread, babe. :-*

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL

halfdime said:
Amazing! Looks like someone took a hammer to that poor half dime :-[. Can't wait to see what the other guys post!

The coin is slightly bent...I blame it on Carl the Sweet Farmer. :D

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x

Nice wilver same date as my oldest, cept someone took a drill to mine, instead of a hammer.

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL

silverfreak said:
Very nice! The XL PRO STRIKES! Those are some great finds bro....and having your buddies there to share in the excitement makes it that much better.

Thanks, bud, we enjoy this hobby with a passion. Indubitably, the XL Pro strikes again! :D

PACO, zoy, and I make a great datectin' team. :)

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Nice finds Kirk.I like the LIBERTY CAP HALF DIME the best.I like silver and you like coppa.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

KirkPA said:

UMMM...Kirk...I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that loving reply. :D

Jes kiddin' Kirky! ;D

Hey that's an awesome dime! Congrats on those finds!

Nana

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250

Sweet coins and relics, congrats on the bust silver!! What a super place you guys have!!

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL

Nana40 said:
KirkPA said:

Jes kiddin' Kirky! ;D

Nana

It is a half dime, babe! Hmm...and we are still waiting for the PACO to post his finds...hmmm.

TnT2000

Jan 15, 2006
Easton PA

Nana40 said:
KirkPA said:

Jes kiddin' Kirky! ;D

Nana

Hey Kirk

Nice coins you got an old site there....sound like alot of fun...Gotta love the XLT.....I know I do...Good job... TnT

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL

TnT2000 said:
Nana40 said:
KirkPA said:

Jes kiddin' Kirky! ;D

Nana

Hey Kirk

Nice coins you got an old site there....sound like alot of fun...Gotta love the XLT.....I know I do...Good job... TnT

I use the XL Pro, bud! It is 90s style, but still goes deep and yanks out the goodies.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

OOPS! I guess everyone keeps saying "dime" cause it is so "beat-the-hell-outa" that nobody can tell! ;)

Just KIDDING, KIRK!

Nice HALF-DIME!

-Buckleboy ;D

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL

BuckleBoy said:
OOPS! I guess everyone keeps saying "dime" cause it is so "beat-the-hell-outa" that nobody can tell! ;)

Just KIDDING, KIRK!

Nice HALF-DIME!

-Buckleboy ;D

You are a hoot, Buck! I consider this my best detecting day, Buckles!

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dude, you MAJORLY scored on that one. Excellently recovered as well! Not a scratch on there that wasn't there already!

Cheers,

Buckleboy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread