Quit throwing knives and phones in the river please!

Georgivs

May 16, 2018
Athens Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
20190908_194527 (1).jpg

Found some stuff this weekend. One silver, one tungsten, and 2 titanium rings, a tag heuer 200m, couple of knives.

Upvote 20

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Haul G! That Leatherman's tool still usable? Sub 8-)

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the knife to the right might be a good one, USA knifes can be very pricey.... the middle one looks like a Spyderco..

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice!! Looks like a flea market table

Pick_axe

May 3, 2015
Columbus NM
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 1000,
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Tag Heuer! Is it flooded? Nice finds!

yaxthri

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
Not bad! Are you a magnet fisher?

Looks like a lot of similar "evidence pieces" though...
"Low resale or pawn value" stuff thrown into the river by a pick-pocket maybe?...

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Tag! Very nice:icon_thumleft:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good post rivers are honey holes for rings phones wallets you name it careful of the fishing lures
Well done

OP
OP
G

Georgivs

May 16, 2018
Athens Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for all the good vibes guys!
To answer the questions about how I found this stuff: skin diving at a popular kayaking river. Some rapids are better suited than others and heavy stuff accumulates in holes in the rock. I was hanging out on a rock and digging out a hole beneath the water line and found the watch. Metal detectors are next to worthless because of the cans, nails, deck screws (see my previous post), sunglasses and knife parts, etc etc etc

Unfortunately lots of broken glass ends up in the same holes, so heavy gloves are a must. I use some heavy blue latex coated wool ones from home depot. Its a trade off between being able to feel what you're putting hands on and not getting sliced open.

I was able to get all the knives (except the Gerber ;) open!

The multitool is a schrade, the knife not pictured was a spyderco, as I'd by Toecutter, I gave it to my bro for a river knife.

I'm not a watch guy, so the Tag only really stood out to me because it's really intact for where I found it. Look up Tag Heuer Link 200m, might be the best thing I've ever found (if real) IDK how much condition effects value, but it's got a great story.

Attachments

• knives.jpg
    knives.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 56
  • Tag Link.jpg
    Tag Link.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 58

yaxthri

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
Kayaking river, aaaah... No it makes sense.
Great underwater work, not easy..

Pick_axe

May 3, 2015
Columbus NM
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 1000,
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the good vibes guys!
To answer the questions about how I found this stuff: skin diving at a popular kayaking river. Some rapids are better suited than others and heavy stuff accumulates in holes in the rock. I was hanging out on a rock and digging out a hole beneath the water line and found the watch. Metal detectors are next to worthless because of the cans, nails, deck screws (see my previous post), sunglasses and knife parts, etc etc etc

Unfortunately lots of broken glass ends up in the same holes, so heavy gloves are a must. I use some heavy blue latex coated wool ones from home depot. Its a trade off between being able to feel what you're putting hands on and not getting sliced open.

I was able to get all the knives (except the Gerber ;) open!

The multitool is a schrade, the knife not pictured was a spyderco, as I'd by Toecutter, I gave it to my bro for a river knife.

I'm not a watch guy, so the Tag only really stood out to me because it's really intact for where I found it. Look up Tag Heuer Link 200m, might be the best thing I've ever found (if real) IDK how much condition effects value, but it's got a great story.
The Tag is a heckuva nice watch! You have a great find if it will run.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
look for a half eaten cheeseburger from Stacey Abrams--- the "governor" of Georgia :laughing9::laughing9::laughing9: very collectible

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions