A few things from the old farm site today

Scottdavid

Aug 27, 2019
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So just a short hunt after work, with only about 40 minutes of daylight left. I went back to the same place I found that interesting piece of iron (likely an old door or cabinet hinge, although someone proposed part of a knife that would have been in the handle with the holes being rivets), a .22LT bullet, and the Winchester Ranger shot shell (likely pre-1937 by its markings). Today in the same area, I found another shotgun shell - a REM-UMC No. 12 Nitro Club stamp, which was produced between 1922 and 1936, a hammer head which is most likely modern, and a strange bit of iron or lead (has a small groove in it) which I will probably never identify. The area I'm searching is next to a pond, so I'm guessing this might have been a prime hunting spot. Still hoping to find something from the colonial era! There's a trail that hugs this pond, so I'm thinking of just searching to the right or left of it as I move along.

Croft farm 9-10-19 finds.jpg strange piece of lead 1 9-10-19.JPG strange piece of lead 2 9-10-19.JPG strange piece of lead 3 9-10-19.JPG strange piece of lead 4 9-10-19.JPG strange piece of lead 5 9-10-19.JPG

Probably not the right thread for this, but if anyone is Deus XP knowledgable, I'm using the Hot program with an HF coil 3 tones at Sensitivity 90, Freq 31.3, Reactivity 3, Iron Volume 3 - Since I'm such a newbie at all this, I want to dig pretty much everything so I have my Iron volume turned on.

Upvote 11

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably not the right thread for this, but if anyone is Deus XP knowledgable, I'm using the Hot program with an HF coil 3 tones at Sensitivity 90, Freq 31.3, Reactivity 3, Iron Volume 3 - Since I'm such a newbie at all this, I want to dig pretty much everything so I have my Iron volume turned on.

I'd recommend switching to program 3, Deus Fast to learn the machine, Hot program has some odd settings that wont help you if you're new to the Deus....in program 3 change the ground balance to tracking, Reactivity to 2.5 or 2 and frequency to the lowest setting.

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you're hot on the trail of some more nice relics. Keep at it, and GL back in there.

BenFrankOG

Jun 1, 2019
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm too hammered to post a worthy comment. Haha nice finds,

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions: