Several bucket listers, KG III, Dandy and Tombac buttons, silver, crotal bell

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have finally had a little time to do some detecting after spending time remodeling our bathroom. I was able to get out for an afternoon at two locations. First location I recovered 5 Wheat pennies and two Roosevelt silver dimes, 1947 and 1956, a small pin of some sort, and a harmonica reed. The second location gave me my oldest coin ever found and a couple of other bucket listers. The huge crotal bell looked nice until I turned it over and the bottom was broken out, three Colonial era buttons, 2 Dandys and one broken Tombac, an old thimble, a bowtie brooch, and a King George III halfpence dated 17xx. The modern quarter seen is for reference only. Couldn't get the last two numbers of the date, but this style was only made in the 1770's according to my research. It measures a little over 28mm in diameter. I have posted 2 pictures of what it would have looked like when minted. It is worn pretty smooth, but it still has some details left. Several firsts for me. Super excited with these early finds. They don't happen often in my neck of the woods. Thanks for looking and may your coil find great things. IMG_0001.JPG SE3774-o[1].jpg IMG_0014.JPG IMG_0013.JPG IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0011.JPG IMG_0009.JPG IMG_0007.JPG IMG_0006.JPG IMG_0005.JPG IMG_0004.JPG IMG_0003.JPG IMG_0002.JPG SE3774-r[1].jpg

Upvote 19

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My bathroom job has this old man sore and worn out, Tommy. Just one more small job to do and I am done. I should have more detecting time now.
The bathroom painted the shower and tub calked fis the towell rack new curtains had to fix drywall ect, next the rest of the house rrrhhh My honey do lis is longer than my Christmas list when I was 5 well almost as long lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread