CarsonChris

Feb 11, 2019
Carson City NV
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a logging camp a couple months ago but mosquitoes drove me out right when I started finding stuff. I had some time tonight to drive back up. Walked in from a different direction this time. The ground is completely covered in tall grass to the point you can’t see anything but you can hear the tin beneath the coil. I didn’t know this was a Chinese logging camp until tonight when I found my second Chinese coin! I’m hoping the Chinese also used American money as this camp is large and I’ve only been in very small portions of it due to time constraints and mosquitos. 55A32F3E-5238-4E5B-BFF7-07345B11EEEE.jpeg

Upvote 13

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mosquitos can be horrible. I use Skin So Soft by Avon. Nice coin there. Hit it again.

califteacher

Sep 30, 2012
Vista, San Diego County, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Very interesting. Let us know how the rest of the hunt goes. Curious to see how many finds are strictly Asian, vs. American.

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
I found three of those “cache” coins in one hole this summer and tried to translate the writing but doing so just gave me a headache. Very cool and UNIQUE find, sounds like a really promising spot, keep at it brother!!

OP
OP
C

CarsonChris

Feb 11, 2019
Carson City NV
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What makes you think this is a lumber camp? Have you researched it? Congrats on the "cache"!

The history of the location and the company that logged it. The company that logged it preferred Chinese loggers to white men as the Chinese would work through winter in harsh conditions and the white men wouldn't.

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find! You probably already know this but those coins were in circulation for a long time and sometimes they go way back... you should definitely see if you can date it might even be colonial time period.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sounds like a cool place to hunt. I found one of those coins with the square hole I thought I had an ancient Myan coin lol Good luck my friend

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can get a range of dates for your coin, by Dynasties.
This website has lots of description and illustrations of coins, loads of photos
to compare and identify the dynasty.
Give it a try, and biggest job is getting coin right-side up, to start with...!
Nice Find! :thumbsup:
http://primaltrek.com/chinesecoins.html#qing_dynasty_coins

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread