Our detector for the kids came, and they found a TON of coins!

Mrs. SilverFreak

Sep 8, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think they are hooked! :hello2: Bryce took them to am old concession stand from the 70's, that is still used for special events. He's not into hunting for newer stuff, so he likes to save this spot for friends that are considering getting into detecting. They each found a nice handful of change, which included lots of quarters. They were able to find it with the pinpointer, after locating it with the detector...as it was all less than 2" deep. They were thrilled, and each found more than enough to pay for their own ice cream cones. :icon_thumleft:

Attachments

• kidsdetecting2.jpg
    kidsdetecting2.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 212
Upvote 49

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Wife and Kids would rather wait till I get home and snag the Jewelry the better 7/8s sold some of my gold for a 1300 dollar water heater the Daughters took alot also I hide it now. Thats a great Family hobby I wish I started at that age cant even imagine all the cool stuff I would have. Have fun you guys great post. Tommy

Inspector

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, w/6", Simplex+WHP, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Toltec, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really awesome, great hobby for them and buy their own ice cream too, what could be better, congrats to the kids & HH

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's great to get them involved in this cool hobby. I have bought several for my son and the 6 grandkids. When they find time...they scour the playgrounds.

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bryce had better keep an eye on his detector collection, they’ll be into that before too long! They have about the best teacher they could have, it looks like they are off any running! Keeping them interested means stepping up to old coins...eventually. And with that, many more adventures to places much further from home. Nice work Mrs. B, getting kids outside is NOT an easy task! I hope Mr. B is well...

Kevin

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s Awesome! I had My Wife go one time to see if She would be interested in going with Me and maybe doing it too. The first hole in Missouri ground, and she was done. Be nice if she’d change her mind, but don’t think that’ll happen. Happy Hunting!!!!

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Ace 250 is a decent little machine. I'm impressed with the performance for a $225 unit. The weight and size is perfect for the kids, too. :icon_thumright: I'm glad you enjoy this website, and like to see everyone's finds.

mnixon

Apr 2, 2010
Austin TX
Detector(s) used
White Eagle Spectrum, AT pro
Ice CREAM !!!! Great this time of year !! Getting them outside is a chore sometimes . Good on ya . detecting is much better than cell phones and games .HAHA ya little ones might think different. Look at all coins they found !!! Awesome !!

Discrimination Dave

Sep 18, 2008
Primary Interest:
Other
That IS awesome.
Perhaps if I’d taken my son or daughter to such a hot spot 15 years ago, they’d of caught the bug too!
Wasnt to be

Greybear

Dec 22, 2011
Fort Collins, CO
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT and Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s a great hobby that will last a life time. I started at age 14 in 1969. Still going strong. 50 years of great finds! The best of which are the friends I have made along the way.

secondstar

Mar 11, 2017
North Central Connecticut
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox, Garrett Ace Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's great to see your kids getting involved with the hobby! As an aside, the Ace 250 was my first machine and is more than capable of producing great finds.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hook em young, hook em for life! (In a good way)

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A handful of coins and 4 smiles....priceless....give those kids a pat on the back for me. Good job kids, congrats !!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great way to spend time with the little ones. I'll bet your going to have to buy 2 more detectors real soon ! My daughter use to detect with me when she was that age. She is 33 now, and will still come out with me every now and then, but she has a little guy who is 8 months old that she has to tend to. That's ok though, because before long they will all be out in the field with me again ! The memories are the best, and trust me - those children will remember those treasure hunting outings.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice great hobby for kids.

My oldest son used to go out with me a lot. Now my wife spends a good bit of time hunting with me.

Nice seeing more women getting into the hobby. My wife will swing the ctx 3030 for hours and it's pretty impressive. That machine is heavy.

Good luck hope to see more post from you guys.

Jeremy

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a little radio shack detector for $3.99 at GW for my 3 year old granddaughter, I will never forget the smile on her face when she pulled up her first penny .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread