Yessss

trevmma

Bronze Member
May 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
whites 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
today at work, golf course, we were cutting down a tree and i noticed a sink hole , turned out to be a old well at lunch i went there to metal detect, my first target was a 1889 indian head, nothing besides scrap and a horse show, so i figured i would have some luck. walking through are driving range back to work i found a 18 somthing indian cent. how can i clean it.

Upvote 0

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
Sweet ~ I love digging up old Indian Head cents! Where's the pic's?!

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
omg you lucky dog... hurry up and take pictures too

garrets250

Oct 19, 2007
??? hmmm.........
oh yes! go to hobby lobby or hobby town anywere that deals with coin collecting stuff.and theres a special cleaner thats safe for old coins.

tell me how it works plz.
mxt

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would recommend peroxide...here's the link: http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,39135.0.html

I have used this method on my Large Cents and some of my Indian Heads with excellent results. Some folks may come on here and recommend Olive Oil...I don't like this method personally, because the oil then leaks out gradually from the coin, and it can be a mess. Try the peroxide first, because it won't work if there's oil on the coin.

I find that peroxide generally works best if the coins are a nice green beforehand. It takes a little while, but it has worked well for me so far.

Regards,

Buckleboy

OP
OP
trevmma

trevmma

Bronze Member
May 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
whites 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i left the coins in my car, im with my wife at her moms now in her car, i will post them. i also found a trade token last year the maker is henry rice out of dayton ohio and it is good for 1 small loaf, it is painted green a little and made of steel i believe. where could io dind out how old it is thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions