Recent Finds 11 Silvers Plus A Bunch Of Other Old Coins And Relics.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
This is not a todays finds but represent my past 4 or 5 hunts. I've been sporadically hunting here and there but its still so hot and dry here to really start swinging in full force.

Mostly picked up a handful of finds from some older parks i like to frequent. Had some decent days picking up about 3 silvers per outing.

Found 11 more peices to give me 71 ytd. My goal is to make a 100 so I'm really gonna have to get out there two or three days a week to get there by December.

I think i got a shot to do it. Nothing really rare but still love finding any old coins. Picked up a really nice 1916 S merc bummer.

I've found a fair ammount of 16's over the years but no D. Maybe one day.

Thanks for looking. Cant wait for it to cool down.

Jer

Attachments

• 20190922_220131.jpg
    20190922_220131.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 192
Last edited:
Upvote 18

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Would love to share, if you feel the need to give....! :laughing7:
Each object, I'd be pleased to recover myself, on any hunt - those are GREAT Finds, guy....! :thumbsup:

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Hope it rains there soon. It is raining here! Stopped me from hunting for things. Once the rain seeps in the digging will be much nicer.

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Amazing finds! You pick up 3 silvers per hunt? That’s awesome. You’ve got a good shot at 100. I was able to pull it off last year and was at about the same total by the end of September. Way to go!

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunts and great finds. Keep hitting it and you should make the 100 goal.

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thank you for the comments fellas.

Been having some luck lately pulling the multiple silvers per hunt.

Believe me though I have dry spells were I go two or three hunts without silver.

It's hard to come by. But I make mental notes and keep returning to sites that are producing silver.

It's been paying off. You have to work for them though. Under bushes up on hillsides etc. They do not come easy. I sweat and walk a lot to find a few keepers here and there.

Yeah I got a shot I think. Still need at least 2 silvers or so a week to do it. Don't sound like much but even finding two silvers a week is tough.

It's gonna be close but we shall see. I gotta get out there. I have not been hunting much the past few weeks if any hunting at all.

I got some projects coming up here at work and I will be off in the daylight hours for a week or so.

I plan on hitting it hard to catch up.

Good luck to everyone.

Jer

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Excellent assortment of relics and coins! Yeah, the dirt is a bit like cement now. This weekend felt like the hottest of the year, but I’d rather have this than the constant rain and mud. Keep it up, I’m guessing you will be at 100 FTY by end of November! Congrats

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty good finds just those 11 silvers got me beat for my YTD totals lol Great job

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice series of hunts! :occasion14:

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thank you for the comments guys.

Thad,

I appreciate the inspiration. I'm gonna give it my all these next three months and see if I can get there.

Just a personal goal I like to set. Keeps me motivated to get out there and find stuff. Even if I don't hit a hundred I still had a pretty solid year.

Hang in there A2. It might seem like I make it easy but it's not. Like I said I spend a lot of hours getting bit by bugs stung by bee's sweating my @ss off etc.

Silver is just getting harder to find anymore. But it is still out there. The CTX 3030 is great coin machine. I have to give minelab some credit. There equipment is keeping me in the game.

Hope to be back soon with more to show.

Good luck to everyone.

Jer

Inspector

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, w/6", Simplex+WHP, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Toltec, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First, congrats on the ytd, that's a nice number, that's a nice spread of coins & relics & nice silvers, wheats & IHP, BOL on the 100 goal

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions