Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
horse named "G" lost her bearings in the square... & don't call me Shirley

new Colonial farm site in Ulster county, NY--- this hamlet has lots of OLD --- like 1600's OLD farmland. my trusty "kick him in the side" dig 'em up hunting bud, FMERG scored this site--- so we hit it for 3 hours----- a hearty slap in the back and a single finger salute to Frank for his KG-II with no green yucky.

now to my diggy dirt discoveries:

hole 1 is a brass loop--- yuppp.... this be a farm field 8-)
IMG_9732.JPG

holes #2 & 3....... a foot apart--- good old Shirley---- nickel plated----- circa 1900

IMG_9733.JPG
IMG_9734.JPG

hole #4---- now with that bearings thing--- usually I use a compass--- no... not THAT kind of compass---- the drawing kind.... wit da "G" & the square----

hand crafted FREEMASON horse rosette---- complete with the leather and brass retainer, plated mold poured lead at 1 7/8" diameter, weighing 42 1/2 grams.

nothing even close to this mega historical find on Google:exclamation::exclamation::exclamation::icon_cheers:
IMG_9735.JPG
IMG_9736.JPG

hole #5--- YUPPP.... we is juz gitten started----- a noisy low 70's hit---- Frank swings it with the Minelab SEPro & says--- "maybe worth digging, but likely just a junko target"---

so I dig it----my 1ST ever small chape-- marked "D & CE" "PERIS" 1 1/16" X 3/4" brass

IMG_9737.JPG
IMG_9738.JPG
IMG_9739.JPG :occasion18::occasion18::happysmiley:

but wait--- hole #6 is about to premiere for the fall season----

"GRUBBY" the busy mole has been on a tear in this field--- and the bugger is dredging deep targets up to the surface--- like this--- a domed brass one piece complete with loop--- a wreath design inside the back, 19MM

IMG_9740.JPG
IMG_9741.JPG

so now, we is almost over & dunwit this hunt--- but not until we exhume hole #7----
this becomes a "dig one, get one free"--- '18 & '34 Wheaties--- same hole8-)

IMG_9742.JPG

FMERG now needs to leave-- so, I will also leave-- not fair to continue alone---
may I add--- my feet never touched the ground as I exit the field:laughing9::laughing9::happysmiley:

back today for :dontknow::dontknow:???:treasurechest::happysmiley:

Last edited:
Upvote 11

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looking at your rosette I suspect the plating is going to turn out to be silver and not nickel. I think this is a significant historical find worthy (in my opinion) of a banner nomination. Finding a brass horse rosette is not too uncommon. Finding a lead molded horse rosette is quite a bit more uncommon. To find a silver plated, lead molded horse rosette is starting to get more rare and considerably older. BUT, to find a lead molded, silver plated horse rosette with the Freemason design on it really excites my historic senses. That is a fantastic find PEA! Congratulations! I had the pleasure of nominating this great find for a Banner.

Last edited:

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking at your rosette I suspect the plating is going to turn out to be silver and not nickel. I think this is a significant historical find worthy (in my opinion) of a banner nomination. Finding a brass horse rosette is not too uncommon. Finding a lead molded horse rosette is quite a bit more uncommon. To find a silver plated, lead molded horse rosette is starting to get more rare and considerably older. BUT, to find a lead molded, silver plated horse rosette with the Freemason design on it really excites my historic senses. That is a fantastic find PEA! Congratulations! I had the pleasure of nominating this great find for a Banner.

I agree! My banner vote is also in.

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Yep,a salute to your bud for that ground to dig in..
Nice going on every bit of it but especially the Rosette, a awesome find indeed. Congrats!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ill Banner this as well thats really cool

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread