I found the Washington Monument

MarkDz

Oct 1, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver UMax
You just never know what's going to come out of the ground... today, for instance, I found a broken chunk of a Washington Monument statue. Didn't expect that when I woke up this morning.

I spent the afternoon at my new riverbank site. Though the water was a little high I got in a few good hours of digging. A couple pennies, a lot of can tabs, a big sinker, etc. Lots of junk.

But I also found two (maybe three) nice round shots and some old-looking whatzits. The site is right below a small Rev War skirmish area, so they might be related. Either way, nothing beats a musket ball (well, okay, maybe a gold bar or MS-65 Confederate penny but who's counting?) :)

Hope everyone got out this weekend and had as good a time as I did.

Attachments

• findsOct21a.jpg
    findsOct21a.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 638
  • findsOct21b.jpg
    findsOct21b.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 644
Upvote 0

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
I'll take a day out diggin over work anyday! Wish we had Civil war or Rev war artifacts out here....

imafishingnutt

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2007
Superior Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Tesoro, Whites DFX, Nokta Impact Pro, Ace 400.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeffro said:
I'll take a day out diggin over work anyday! Wish we had Civil war or Rev war artifacts out here....
me too love to find a large cent i heard their was some battles here from the calvery and indians id like to hunt.

tymcmurray

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2007
Maryland
Jeffro said:

I'll take 10 minutes diggin' over work!!!
You still found some keepers.
That's just the gravy.

johny mc.

May 18, 2005
MarkDZ- a bunch of us are in NE Pa well more like No East but Central PA......maybe we'll get you down...only a hard core detectorist could appreciate those musketballs......

OP
OP
MarkDz

MarkDz

Oct 1, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver UMax
johny mc. said:
MarkDZ- a bunch of us are in NE Pa well more like No East but Central PA......maybe we'll get you down...only a hard core detectorist could appreciate those musketballs......
I have been noticing a lot of NE and Central PA folks here. Where are you guys at? I'm near Wilkes-Barre. We're probably finding the same sort of stuff... no Civil War here!

johny mc.

May 18, 2005
Mark: we have a wrecking crew ..about 4/5 of us here in the Lehigh Valley Bethlehem/Easton ......we hunt a lot of woods ....finds are from all eras..we even got some civil war stuff ....well period stuff...not skirmish or anything .......we are too far north like you.... but the colonial era has touched this area.....great hobby...and great friends....
aloha johny mc.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread