Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to an old church picnic ground that a friend of mine bought a few years ago when the church closed. It is used for pee wee football and other events. I’m not sure how long it has been in use, but it was part of a farm originally and I have found flat buttons, round balls and a large cent here. Today I didn’t find anything for the old farm, but I did manage to get 38 coins with a face value of $2.80 that included 3 wheaties (1941, 1945, 1951D) and a 1951 Rosie dime. Along with the coins I found a class ring, some screw in cleats (only one pictured) an odd brass button (not very old) a bullet and the copper jacket from a bullet, and a hat pin with an eagle on it.

02728D80-8DBD-4087-949B-BE5F898528BF.jpeg 84245536-888C-4A6F-B9E5-AF5B713C8772.jpeg

The class ring is a 1984 ring from a high school about ten miles away in the next state. It is an Artcarver Siladium ring. Siladium is their alloy of stainless steel used in rings. It rang up as a mid tone and I thought I had another tab.

4DE57238-77D8-4722-902A-9660EE1B63C0.jpeg 82A5FDC0-6A95-496E-96B8-ABA7B455CCE4.jpeg

I was trying to clean house because I have pulled some silver dimes from as deep as 14”. So I was digging all the mid and high tones, the iffy signals and the weak signals to be sure I didn’t miss any goodies. As you can see that gave me a lot of aluminum rings with the funny tails on them 😆.

3DB92EB5-74C3-4664-A18B-BDA74B028351.jpeg

Another good day swingin the CZ21 with a little silver and another class ring to try and return. I am working on returns for 2 already with not much luck from the schools and no luck searching for them on line. But I don’t quit until I have exhausted all possibilities. I’ll give the school a call next week and see if I can get a name for this one. I have the first name on the side of the ring and initials inside so identifying the owner should be a slam dunk. Locating her 35 years after graduation with the possibility of a name change or 2 over the years is the hard part. Wish me luck on the return.

Thanks for looking and may your coil lead you to good things.

Upvote 20

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your clean out produced well for you. Nice going on the Silver and class ring. Great outing.

Last edited:

blugotti1

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2009
GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice digs!!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
That’s a bunch of pull rings! Ouch.

Well done.

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to an old church picnic ground that a friend of mine bought a few years ago when the church closed. It is used for pee wee football and other events. I’m not sure how long it has been in use, but it was part of a farm originally and I have found flat buttons, round balls and a large cent here. Today I didn’t find anything for the old farm, but I did manage to get 38 coins with a face value of $2.80 that included 3 wheaties (1941, 1945, 1951D) and a 1951 Rosie dime. Along with the coins I found a class ring, some screw in cleats (only one pictured) an odd brass button (not very old) a bullet and the copper jacket from a bullet, and a hat pin with an eagle on it.

The class ring is a 1984 ring from a high school about ten miles away in the next state. It is an Artcarver Siladium ring. Siladium is their alloy of stainless steel used in rings. It rang up as a mid tone and I thought I had another tab.

I was trying to clean house because I have pulled some silver dimes from as deep as 14”. So I was digging all the mid and high tones, the iffy signals and the weak signals to be sure I didn’t miss any goodies. As you can see that gave me a lot of aluminum rings with the funny tails on them ��.

Another good day swingin the CZ21 with a little silver and another class ring to try and return. I am working on returns for 2 already with not much luck from the schools and no luck searching for them on line. But I don’t quit until I have exhausted all possibilities. I’ll give the school a call next week and see if I can get a name for this one. I have the first name on the side of the ring and initials inside so identifying the owner should be a slam dunk. Locating her 35 years after graduation with the possibility of a name change or 2 over the years is the hard part. Wish me luck on the return.

Thanks for looking and may your coil lead you to good things.

I have used a not so on the up and up technique to find owners for class rings. I register for that school and year on Classmates.com as though I am a classmate from that graduating year. Then you can browse the names and try to find initials that match your ring. When finished you can remove yourself from the class register.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt I love finding class rings. Nice job on the coins as well. I never can figure out what the obsession is with pulling the pop tops off it does nothing for me lol but thats how we find those class rings and gold Well done my friend. Tommy

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! I haven't found a class ring to return yet but hope to. Good luck on the return!

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have used a not so on the up and up technique to find owners for class rings. I register for that school and year on Classmates.com as though I am a classmate from that graduating year. Then you can browse the names and try to find initials that match your ring. When finished you can remove yourself from the class register.

I did that once, but I really don’t like putting my personal info out there any more than I really have to so I just use other methods and hope for the best. I have been able to return 13 class rings so far.

Thanks for the info and keep swingin.

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! I haven't found a class ring to return yet but hope to. Good luck on the return!

You will find one eventually. I have found and returned 13 so far plus I have some I am trying to return and others I have given up on for lack of info from the school about the owner.

Good luck and keep swingin.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
37 Amazing DIY Recycled Soda Pop Tabs Ideas

I had to log in to thank you for posting this link! I don't think I'll ever do that myself, but that is way beyond neat!

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds TNT, Congrats!!! Looks like you did a lot of digging... "D"

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
H
Nice finds TNT, Congrats!!! Looks like you did a lot of digging... "D"

Yeah I am a digger. When in doubt, dig it out. It’s the only way to know for sure and you miss fewer goodies that way.

Thanks for looking and keep swingin.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Great hunt. Congratulations

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
way to wade thru the pull rings/tabs. Awesome finds with the ring (good luck on the return) and the rosie. I have an area that I have been slowly whittling down the pull rings and tabs. I am good for about 10-15 of them and then I walk over them (gotta save some for the next time). As of two days ago, I still have a pile to get out. But, I have pulled out some great finds as I do this.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That gives new meaning to "You need to dig a bunch of tabs to find a ring" That is a boat load of beaver tails

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice ring find, congrats! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
way to wade thru the pull rings/tabs. Awesome finds with the ring (good luck on the return) and the rosie. I have an area that I have been slowly whittling down the pull rings and tabs. I am good for about 10-15 of them and then I walk over them (gotta save some for the next time). As of two days ago, I still have a pile to get out. But, I have pulled out some great finds as I do this.

The pesky things are almost everywhere and they do help goodies to hide. Sounds like you are helping clear up the earth as well. Thanks for the reply and keep swingin (there are plenty more tabs where these came from:laughing7:).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread