mens star saphire ring

greenswinger

Feb 17, 2005
ms
mens star saphire ring

Found $5.06 this evening and ring which my wife called a star saphire . mens ring , silver , stone was oval shaped, clear but with blue tint . has beautiful star shaped reflection when held up to any kind of light . my question , what does star saphire suppose to look like ??? really it is plainly a nice ring . cain`t post photo ,only use 35 mm camera . ;D ;D ;D will detect for food call br....549

Upvote 0

melnatcat

Mar 9, 2005
Central Minnesota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: mens star saphire ring

Hi. ?Most star saphire rings are set in silver and are plain looking. ?The star has to be a shifting star, tho, it will move around the stone when shifted in the light. ?I have seen some that are 'painted stars'. ?They come in different colors also. ?Pink and blue are most common. ?Does it say anything inside the band? ?

Melnatcat

OP
OP
G

greenswinger

Feb 17, 2005
ms

stone is kind of plain looking . and yes the star does move around. w ring is silver, only markings are sterling and letters E S P O what would be value ? thanks for reply !!

melnatcat

Mar 9, 2005
Central Minnesota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Your best bet to check the value would be to go to e-bay and do a search on saphire rings, and start comparing. Good Luck!

Melnatcat

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Most "Star Saphire" rings have man made saphires but they are almost as expensive as the real thing. ?I have a birth stone ring with a star ruby....red color man made and had to replace the stone which ran about $300.00. ?Just a ball park figure to work with.

F

Floater

Greenswinger it sounds like a great piece. Saphires are one of my favorite stones in the blue. If it moves around it is a good stone. Man made or not. Look it up on ebay is a good Idea but if you are selling it please Email me with a price. Are you going to get a digital soon. We would really like to see your finds and it really adds to the experience. I just bought a used one from work and it is great. The 3.2 megapixel is fantastic quality just try to find one with the macro on it for those close ups. Great find again. HH
PS I could possibly trade ya a good camera for the ring. Let me know.

R

rvbvetter

? ? ? ? Great find!!? ? My dad had a black ( or very near ) star saphire ring. The stone was glossy finnish, but rather ordinary looking. But when sun light hit, it produced a skinny legged star. At whatever angle you looked at it.? ? ? WTG!!? ? HH

D

Darod

Sounds like a real nice ring you've found!

You can also try getting a scan or using one you already have. You can scan the items and then post them here. Lots of people on the forum use scanners instead of camera's. They are limited to some extent,...the most obvious being that they are not that portable :)

If ya need some help with the photos once you get setup to post them, just let me know. I'll be happy to assist you any way I can. I even have a web server setup so everyone on the forum can save images in their own directly if they like.

Let me know, and great find!

Rod

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004

Nice ring find, hope you can get set up for some pic,s.

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I 2nd the motion!

"Nice ring find, hope you can get set up for some pic,s"

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The ESPO stands for Esposito Jewelry, Inc. They have been making jewelry since 1951. I had found one once and threw it away because I thought it stood for Electronic Silver Plate O? Been kicking myself in the butt since. :P

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread