Case 1a.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 265
Upvote 29
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome display, thank you for sharing! :occasion14:

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for sharing...!
I'm actually developing an educational display for our museum,
based around one token I found,
that the design has changed several times.
It is interesting how you got all the artifacts to hold under the glass.
Good idea! :icon_thumright:

TimberCrack

Jul 30, 2013
wyoming
Detector(s) used
white's 6000/D coin master
White's MXT
Garrettt ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Those are great display cases..did you do the custom printing on a computer program also??

OP
OP
I

invent4hir

Bronze Member
Aug 1, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i & DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kind of you and nice display. Can't do that in Canada you get in trouble just because you have picked them up... A friend tried it .he said no more it"s a lot of trouble . it's a shame.

montcalm, that is a shame. Maybe show them this thread and re-consider. After all it is their loss.

OP
OP
I

invent4hir

Bronze Member
Aug 1, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i & DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for sharing...!
I'm actually developing an educational display for our museum,
based around one token I found,
that the design has changed several times.
It is interesting how you got all the artifacts to hold under the glass.
Good idea! :icon_thumright:

eye, good luck on designing your display. Usually I design the layout using Microsoft Powerpoint, which makes it easy to change things around until it meets my and the Museum Curator's approval. To get the artifacts to hold under the glass, I use one of two methods. For thin artifacts like tokens and coins, I enclose them in a 2" by 2" coin holder then glue it to the layout. For thicker artifacts, I use an exacto knife to carefully cut out the foam then insert the artifact. If necessary I secure them in place with some hobby glue, because usually the display cases are displayed vertically or on a slant.

OP
OP
I

invent4hir

Bronze Member
Aug 1, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i & DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are great display cases..did you do the custom printing on a computer program also??

TimberCrack, thanks for the compliment! Once the 10.5" x 16.5" layout is finalized in Microsoft Powerpoint, I save it as a jpeg file (i.e. see attached), and send it to a local print shop who prints it and attaches it to a firm board. I then glue the firm board to the display case foam. To accommodate thicker artifacts, I have them cut out holes indicated by the solid purple shapes. If the display case contains artifacts from only one property, the matrix in the center is replaced by a picture of the home.

Attachments

• Slide1.JPG
    Slide1.JPG
    121 KB · Views: 37

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
You are a smart man. First, you are contributing something cool back to society for those that are interested. Second, I bet this doesn’t hurt your standing with the historical society and maybe gives you in’s and access to properties you couldn’t get otherwise? Nicely done and good thinking!

OP
OP
I

invent4hir

Bronze Member
Aug 1, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i & DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are a smart man. First, you are contributing something cool back to society for those that are interested. Second, I bet this doesn’t hurt your standing with the historical society and maybe gives you in’s and access to properties you couldn’t get otherwise? Nicely done and good thinking!

washingtonian, you are correct on both accounts :hello2: That said, I try knocking on doors first. In the 10% of the cases when that doesn't work, I turn to them for help. After all, I don't want to wear out a good thing. Of the 30 properties I detected in the township over the past 2 years, only 2 did they get me an in (society members), and a third we're working on (gated driveway).

cheffer

Sep 17, 2004
Western Mass
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Fisher 1275 LTD, Fisher 1265, Fisher 1270, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beautiful job on those displays, I wish I had a talent for that sort of thing. Too cool that you donated for others to enjoy. Thanks for elevating the hobby for all our benefit!

OP
OP
I

invent4hir

Bronze Member
Aug 1, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i & DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful job on those displays, I wish I had a talent for that sort of thing. Too cool that you donated for others to enjoy. Thanks for elevating the hobby for all our benefit!

cheffer, wow, you are too kind! It wasn't so much talent, but a lot of trial and error, especially on my earlier displays; to this day I'm still learning. I'm glad the effort helps elevate the hobby overall.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
I

invent4hir

Bronze Member
Aug 1, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i & DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple pictures of the formal donation last Tuesday. Apologize for the glare on the first one.

Attachments

• Image2_sm.jpg
    Image2_sm.jpg
    669.8 KB · Views: 31
  • Image7_sm.jpg
    Image7_sm.jpg
    774.5 KB · Views: 34

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread