Weekend Hunts Fill The Jar

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMG_0546.JPG IMG_0547.JPG I went out by myself on Saturday and Sue and I went out together on Sunday for a pair of hunts at a soccer/Little League field. Combined totals for the two hunts was 114 coins worth $14.50. My clad finds will be used to buy silver or gold at the end of the year. The jar I keep my clad finds in is full.

Last edited:
Upvote 26

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Congratulations on the hunt.

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your clad totals are piling up for y'all. Congrats on pulling all those coins. Nice job.

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lot$ of coin$ in that Jar! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your clad totals are piling up for y'all. Congrats on pulling all those coins. Nice job.
Thanks Roamer......got a few more weeks of hunt time left before the ground freezes up here. Gotta' get it while we can.

Lot$ of coin$ in that Jar! :occasion14:
Thanks Wildcat......the jar is definitely a little heavy.

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do the same thing with my coins and the cash I pick up off the ground. I keep it in a jar and donate it to our local Pregnancy Resource Center once year. Last year, I collected around $150 in cash and coins.

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I do the same thing with my coins and the cash I pick up off the ground. I keep it in a jar and donate it to our local Pregnancy Resource Center once year. Last year, I collected around $150 in cash and coins.

A tip of the hat to you for donating your finds to a worthy cause......

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You will be able to purchase a 10 dollar gold coin if this keeps up.

Not quite yet unless I find a lot more in the next month, but at this point I could buy a piece of foreign bullion gold such as Swiss or French Francs or a pair of the small 1/10th ounce gold eagles.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice jar load of clad. I do the same thing at the end of the year (provided silver is at a low purchase price).

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice jar load of clad. I do the same tthing at the end of the year (provided silver is at a low purchase price).

Thanks......I try to do the same (buying low) but prices generally don't move too much in either direction. I keep records of all my buying and then price average it out.

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
I'd go with the silver this year. I'd also spend it all on a single coin from ebay. Also liked the others opinions on what to buy or donate that to. Personally, I'll donate my finds after my last post...

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd go with the silver this year. I'd also spend it all on a single coin from ebay. Also liked the others opinions on what to buy or donate that to. Personally, I'll donate my finds after my last post...

Thanks Tuberale…...If I buy silver with it, I'll be spending the money on 90% junk silver coins. If I buy gold it'll be a common date US coin or possibly a foreign bullion coin. I never buy from EBay, I always buy my precious metal and coins at coin shows.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very big amount you got! Hope your purchase is low in price but quickly inflates after you buy it!

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very big amount you got! Hope your purchase is low in price but quickly inflates after you buy it!

Thank Dude...….I always hope the metals prices drop just before I buy.

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Inspector...….and HH to you too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions