Sweet find today!

Nov 6, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all! I'm brand new to the forum but I think I'm really going to enjoy it here! I found this piece today! It pinged as silver on my detector. It's a kids belt buckle with a raised horse head that is a separate piece and was attached by the maker to the main piece through 2 holes that you can see in the back. I think the head may have been gold plated at one time but I'm not sure. Can anyone tell me more about this awesome find? Thanks! 😊 20191106_171930.jpg FB_IMG_1573093604311.jpg

Upvote 14
OP
OP
B
Nov 6, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all! I'm brand new to the forum but I think I'm really going to enjoy it here! I found this piece today! It pinged as silver on my detector. It's a kids belt buckle with a raised horse head that is a separate piece and was attached by the maker to the main piece through 2 holes that you can see in the back. Can anyone tell me more about this awesome find? I'd like to know how old it is and about how much it might be worth. Even if it turns out to be pretty cheap, its still cool. Thanks! �� View attachment 1769064 View attachment 1769065

Last edited:

WG2020

Oct 9, 2018
SW Ohio
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BrittneyBailey....welcome to TNet...while I don’t have any information on your find, I am sure someone on the forum will be able to provide you some details about your buckle...I am surprised quite often of the depth of knowledge of the board’s members...welcome and good luck with your hunts...Walt

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anything on the back?

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anything on the back?

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, I didn't catch the second attachment.

Horst

Apr 13, 2017
Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 + SDC2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
great find congrats

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard BrittneyBailey! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).
t_o.gif
2nd - Nice find AND I merged both of your postings (since they were identical) and had replies...

tn_metal_detector.gif
3rd - If no one can identify your find - you might consider posting your pictures on WHAT IS IT? for more exposure...

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hat's a nice find. It's 20th century, a horse n apparently owned it. They show up on the net, at horse shows, places like that.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the forum. You found something really cool. Much better than my first finds, or recent ones come to think about it:laughing7:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Great find.Congratulations and welcome

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice little find and welcome to the forum. My personal opinion is that it is a buckle worn by someone who just liked horses. Was it found on a farm ? If it were inscribed with some writing, I'd say it was a Rodeo prize or Local Fair prize winners buckle, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I would start a display case with belt buckles and plates in it. Trust me, you will find many more over the years and they do look nice in a case.

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had one like that when i was younger. It was silver plated. Brings back memories.

Inspector

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, w/6", Simplex+WHP, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Toltec, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to tent from upstate NY, that's a nice looking belt plate, congrats & HH

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice find, congrats! :occasion14:

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find Brittney ! Welcome to a fun pastime, and to a fun forum - you can learn a lot from members here !

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice dig on that plate. My Granddaughter would wear that one in a heart beat. Nice!

Welcome to the forum also.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread