Sep 18, 2010
Ellisville, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT Pro, and a White's Treasure Master, along with a White's TRX Pinpointer...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My favorite finds from a Hunt in Ellisville, Mississippi on Thursday, November 7th, 2019. I was using my White's MXT Pro and White's TRX Pinpointer for this hunt.

The Thimble was from a local election back in the 30's and L.C. Jordan served as the Jones County Sheriff from 1932 to 1936, and yes Ellisville is in Jones County, Mississippi and for those of you who are movie buffs, this would be "The Free State of Jones". After posting pics of the Thimble on local Facebook Groups last night I was contacted by some Descendants of Sheriff Jordan and will be giving them the Thimble. The Oval shaped piece that looks like it was made to be driven into something is cool, though I have no clue what it was used for. There are also a couple of 1 Mil Mississippi Tax token, rivets, a lock, a spoon, what I think was a pendant, and other misc. items in this pic. The bullet weighs about 118 grains is is about 8mm in diameter. The Sampsons Brass Bicycle Plugs Pat. Apr.19.98 .SEP.5.99, I had no idea that the 1st tire plugs were actually Brass. After some reading I discovered that the Sampson Company also created a Schrader Valve for Bicycle Tires.

DSCF4331.JPG

DSCF4328.JPG

DSCF4352.JPG

DSCF4350.JPG

DSCF4337.JPG

DSCF4338.JPG

DSCF4357.JPG

DSCF4336.JPG

Sampson Bicycle Brass Tire Plug AB.JPG
The clip below was from an article written in 1915, and I liked how they mention the Brass Plugs of "bygone days". The new fangled Rubber Repair was marketed by Stevens & Company at 375 Broadway in New York City. A complete kit with specialty tool was a whopping $3.00.
Sampson Bicycle Brass Tire Plug A.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 8

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!!!! Congrats!!!! There’s More there !!!

OP
OP
Wannabe Treasure Hunter
Sep 18, 2010
Ellisville, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT Pro, and a White's Treasure Master, along with a White's TRX Pinpointer...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The thimble is pretty cool. I’ve never seen one used for elections.
Apparently they were fairly common for this purpose in our area, as I found one a few counties over last year for a different Sheriff...

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice bunch of relics you dug. I think the return of the thimble is very nice. Wtg!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread