CTX 3030
Equinox 800
Equinox600
Makro Multi Kruzer
Garret ATpro
Garret ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't posted anything since May because I haven't been able to get to any of my spots. So finds have been few and far between. But I made a new digging buddy a couple weeks ago and I have been able to get out digging twice. First time we went out I brought him to my old school yard to see if we could score a little silver and we did. I got four mercs and two small pieces of silver jewelry and he got a merc. Nothing that great. Today I brought him to my one of my spots were I have found a lot of early 1800's stuff. I must say I have pounded this place and targets are hard to find now . But I still had hopes for this place. Well today I managed to squeak out a mid 1800's cooper flat button in spot I have hammered. After awhile I said lets go to the back field in back of the mansion. After about a hour with no finds and a lot of deep iron nails I said lets go to the school at least we could score a little silver. He wanted to stay a little longer. So I'm swinging over a spot I have hammered I don't know how many times now with a ATpro, CTX3030, makro multi and a nox 800 I get a nice signal on the nox reading 20-21 with 5 or 6 bars on the depth. I dig down 9in. and out pops this coin that I don't know what it is. looks like a quarter to me or a foreign coin. After a little rubbing I see half cent then a little rubbing on the front I started seeing the draped bust. Anyway I was thrilled to have found my oldest U.S, first draped bust, first U.S. half cent and in pretty nice condition

1804 Draped Bust Half Cent Plain 4 Stemless

IMG_1602.jpg
IMG_1603.jpg

Thanks for viewing

Upvote 54

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, that little lady is stunning, great job!!

Slowtaknow

Oct 27, 2015
Kannapolis nc
Detector(s) used
Fisher f2, Tesoro vaquero, Nokta Simplex, Garrett Csi 250, whites gold master 2.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find, banner vote

CTXAgGetter

Mar 2, 2019
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Minelab Equinox
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a beauty! And to pop it from pounded ground! You should, uh... do some more pounding! Very nice. Congrats!

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome coin
WTG

EdHartzel

Jun 12, 2018
Bucks County PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett GTI 2500, JW Fisher Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice save! What a coin! Congratulations!!!!

Royn2751

Jan 14, 2017
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stellar find. Great condition too.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's freakin cool good job I hear ya bout not getting out that will get the addiction kicking again great job

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions