Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"never let a chance go bye,oh tinny ,never let a chance go bye"

Evening all, i hope you all enjoyed work today as much as i did. ::) ::) ::).
On the home about 4.30pm, i noticed a 5 metre waste bin on the nature strip of a Edwardian weather-board house.i parked my 5 speed kangaroo and wonder to front door.I asked a nice old lady if i could have a rumage in the waste bin.Remembering a waste bin is also private even though its on the street.Always ask first. only got a sign and small pin English legion. i have no idea on its age.After i finished i thanked the lady and she replied i was the third person to bin.gee i must be getting slow. ;D ;D ;D.Just mding is leaving yourself short as there so much stuff to be had by other means.Thats honest means.A bad thought more work to morrow. :( :( :(

tinpan

Attachments

• sign2.jpg
    sign2.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 567
  • ca10.jpg
    ca10.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 561
Upvote 0

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Re: "never let a chance go bye,oh tinny ,never let a chance go bye"

Great graphics on that old sign! Definitely some collector/decorator value in that one.

Nice going, Tin!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm a bit worried about the title of the board ::)

But its a pub piece for sure :)

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

Tinny!!!! I love that sign....I need it for my old store! How much do you want for it! Its so cool! Great job and you are correct...never let an opportunity go by!!!

OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CRUSADER said:
I'm a bit worried about the title of the board ::)

But its a pub piece for sure :)

thanks for the reply ,the style of writing on the outer of the sign doesn,t fit the era so i am going to say its a 1990's reproduction.pub piece more like bin piece.thats right thats where i found it. lol

tinpan ;D ;D ;D

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Trash pickin, well, I know some who do it as a vocation, cept it is curb trash pickin when people put it out for trash pickup, legal to take, no permission needed I believe.

You got two nice artifacts, the sign is a gem of a find!

Don

OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Don in SJ said:
Trash pickin, well, I know some who do it as a vocation, cept it is curb trash pickin when people put it out for trash pickup, legal to take, no permission needed I believe.

Don

Your right in one way don but in the state of Victoria , Australia to take stuff from bins without asking first could lead to being charged with stealing.

trash it may be but The law is the law. tp

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab

Bin diving pays off once again..
Nice finds Tin. What else have you fond in the old bins?
HH

Desertfox

SgtSki in MI

Oct 14, 2007
Hesperia, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS & Explorer II, Fisher 1236-X2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Don in SJ said:

Don
Back when I was in the Marine Corps during one of my trips to Iwakuni, Japan we discovered something way cool. In Japan, people don't deal in secondhand household item such as TV's, stereos, hotplates....you name it. Every Thursday morning ALL sorts of stuff would be out in front of Japanese homes. So the first thing they'd see in the morning would be some of us crazy "Gaijin" cruising around and hauling off some of their throwaway items. For my room I got the following items that were fully functional: A 27" Sony TV with Hi-Fi and dual tuners (picture-in-picture), A JVC bookshelf stereo system with a 3-disc changer, a Play Station, a Sony Alarm clock/radio that had 2 alarms and projected the time on the ceiling, a Kenwood Hi-Fi VCR (we were in the pre-DVD days then), and a Sony HandyCam (VHS). And we ALWAYS found lots of the same which we would give to our buddies in our squadron or sell to Marines in other squadrons. There were laws against dumping refrigerators and anything with freon in it so when they bought a new one, the department store would haul it away. BUT, if you went downtown to Daiichi (the store) they would GIVE us the fridges for free. The store would have had to pay to get them hauled to the scrapyard otherwise. A hole would be drilled in an accumulator line where the Freon was reclaimed in accordance with Japanese environmental laws. We'd take the things to our shop, cut out the tubing piece that was punctured by the reclamation machinery, sweat a new piece of tubing in, recharge it with new freon, and do like what we did with the stuff we found on the curbside. We made a LOT of beer money that way!!!

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice finds there TP, that British Legion pin is interesting! I try to stay away from the dumpsters around the military posts where I work, lots of interesting modern junk/treasure but I have a house full of it. Twice a year in most places around Germany they have junk day, I do regret not grabbing a few things on the curb, a small complete wooden wagon was the last thing I regret not grabbing a few months ago. HH, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread