Solid Gold Watch Today. 9 Silvers This Week And A Bunch of Other Coins and Relics - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree134Likes

Thread: Solid Gold Watch Today. 9 Silvers This Week And A Bunch of Other Coins and Relics

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Sep 2005
    Puget Sound
    Minelab CTX 3030, Whites DFX
    10864 times
    Metal Detecting
    Killer. You almost never see those posted. A bucket lister many of us don’t even have on our lists. Congrats!
    Joe-Dirt, A2coins and Hawks88 like this.

Charter Member
    Bryce-IL

Aug 2007
    Wherever Silver's Hidin'
    Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
    853 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    You are killin' it, Jeremy. Keep up the good work, my friend. I hope I'm able to get out once more before it gets too cold, but we'll see.
    Joe-Dirt, A2coins, trdking and 1 others like this.
    My field test of the Sunray X-5 coil is published in the May 2010 Issue of Western & Eastern Treasures.

My field test of the Sunray X-12 Coil is published in the June 2010 Issue of Western & Eastern Treasures.

My field test of the Coiltek 5x7 Coil is published in the July 2012 Issue of Western & Eastern Treasures.

My "Deep Coin" Explorer settings, and finds are published in Andy Sabisch's Minelab Explorer & E-Trac Handbook.

Here's the story of my BEST FIND EVERhttp://www.treasurenet.com/forums/be...find-ever.html

Charter Member
    us
    Bob

Jan 2018
    Central Massachusetts
    Minelab Equinox 600, AT max, AT pro, 8 coils, 2 Garrett carrots, 2 trash barrels (full) and some dull shovels.
    5395 times
    Coin shooting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Niiiiiice, nothin’ like diggin’ gold. That is a solid week of hunting!!!!! I like the trash you removed as well, I always have 2-4 gallon buckets full, it makes great ballast in the snow. Great job brother!!
    Last edited by Joe-Dirt; Dec 01, 2019 at 08:45 AM. Reason: SPallinG aNd GremmAr
    “I was a kid once, but I wasn’t very good at it”

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    32025 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Wow Jeremy awesome find otta dig trash to find gold. Well worth it now your driving me crazy waiting to see you crack it open lol I gotta have 10 pocket watches but in my town people were cheap and bought the metal ones and didnt drop coins. Awesome post. Tommy

Approved TreasureNet Stickers

.:: $3.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::. I have 324 left PM me if you would like to buy any Tommy

(Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

us
    Jun 2011
    Oklahoma
    White's XLT
    4815 times
    I don't see a way to wind it. Makes me wonder if it's actually a compass instead of a watch

us
    Feb 2005
    Three Rivers
    Minelab Etrac Xp Deus Ctx 3030 Whites Dfx
    1656 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Thank you everyone for all the comments.

Sorry for the slow response with the holiday and home improvement projects I am just getting back to this post.

I have to agree. I believe it may be a compass as well. There is no dial to wind. There is a hole on the bottom that looks like some type of key probably opened it up.

It doesn't have anywhere along the edges like a watch has to pop it open.

I'd love to open it up see who made it and clean it up a bit if I can.

Don't want to destroy it so a Jewler may need to open it up.

I did look online and found that the compass would have been attached to a chain as part of a pocket watch.

A lot of them are 15 karat gold and from the looks of it up against my 14kt wedding band it very well may be 15 karat looks like the same color almost.

It's very heavy and not rolled gold. I've found enough plated and rolled gold items over the years to tell the difference.

Thad, I came up a few silvers shy of 100 fty with 98 and did not get out over the weekend. I should still reach my quota of a 100 in December.

And 50 Indians is another quota of mine I believe I am around 45 not sure I will meet that one.

This find was a nice way to cap off a nice season. Hope to be back with a few more finds before the season ends and the weather freezes over.

Thanks,

Jer

ca
    Hawks88

Aug 2012
    Niagara falls
    Equinox 600
    11754 times
    Nice hunk of gold. Congrats

us
    Nick

Nov 2012
    Connecticut
    Garrett AT PRO/Garrett Ace 250 + 8.5x11" DD Coil/ Garrett Pro-Pointer & Pro-Pointer AT/ Vibra-Tector 730/ Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Retired)
    1985 times
    Honorable Mentions (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by JerV3 View Post
    Here's how much trash that was dug this week to recover what i did not including all the screw caps pulltabs etc i threw away first.
    Digging through all of this trash paid off very well...Great hunt!
    A2coins likes this.

8 Or what woman, having ten silver coins, if she loses one coin, does not light a lamp, sweep the house, and search carefully until she finds it?
    9 And when she has found it, she calls her friends and neighbors together, saying, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found the piece which I lost!’ - Luke 15:8-9

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II & X-terra 705; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i & DFX
    28984 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Outstanding hunt!
    A2coins and Hawks88 like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Clint

Jan 2015
    North Carolina
    Ace 350, XP Deus with LF 9”, LF 11”, HF round 9”, 9.5x5” HF elliptical, x35 11” coil, 11x13” x-35, MI-6 pinpointer and Garrett pro pointer.
    1810 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    That’s freaking cool. I’m definitely on the verge of pulling the banner lever. Does that watch have any markings?
    A2coins and Hawks88 like this.
    2019: 37silver coins

1- 1867 Seated Half Dollar
    1- 1841 Seated Dime
    1- 1905 Barber Quarter
    1- Undated SLQ
    3- Washington Quarters
    20- Mercury Dimes
    2- War Nickels
    8- Roosevelt Dimes

us
    Feb 2005
    Three Rivers
    Minelab Etrac Xp Deus Ctx 3030 Whites Dfx
    1656 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Thank you for the comments guys.

I tried to open it up last night but was not successful.

There is a hole in the bottom and I actually think the winder is broken off and this still may be a baby pocket watch.

I did weigh it last night 22 grams. I will take it to a jewler and have them pop it open if they can.

I will update the post once I get it open and can shed some further light on the make and model.

Thanks,

Jer
    the_mad_cladder likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2017
    Northern Virginia
    AT MAX/AT PRO/Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
    5206 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    What a great mix of finds!
    Hawks88 likes this.

Charter Member
    Bryce-IL

Aug 2007
    Wherever Silver's Hidin'
    Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
    853 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Very nice, Jeremy. Keep on rollin'.
    My field test of the Sunray X-5 coil is published in the May 2010 Issue of Western & Eastern Treasures.

My field test of the Sunray X-12 Coil is published in the June 2010 Issue of Western & Eastern Treasures.

My field test of the Coiltek 5x7 Coil is published in the July 2012 Issue of Western & Eastern Treasures.

My "Deep Coin" Explorer settings, and finds are published in Andy Sabisch's Minelab Explorer & E-Trac Handbook.

Here's the story of my BEST FIND EVERhttp://www.treasurenet.com/forums/be...find-ever.html

Charter Member
    us
    Kona Koma

Nov 2017
    On the Beach
    Minelab Equinox 800 Minelab Quattro
    1247 times
    Great finds! Nice clean up too.

us
    Feb 2010
    1292 times
    Nice job. Just remember the lead/copper etc. is not junk, it's a rebate for batteries. Could that have been a lady's watch? From the size and the place to attatch a chain it might have been. Seems the Lady's back in the day had them pined on their blouses. Good luck.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links