1722 George and a Tick!

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
DEUS 11 Fisher F75ltd,TDI Minelab Excailber
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This morning it was below freezing when I put my frozen waders on to cross over on to one of my favorite sites here in South Jersey. By the afternoon the ticks were on me! This site just keeps giving no matter how many times I beat it down. Just when I think it's cleaned out yet another George comes up. My Fisher F-75 does well but I'm only getting surface targets. Every time I sift the same site it opens up a so much more.
JPEG_20191129_180903_-696693647.jpg I'll have to go back to sifting next time!! George rev.jpg

Upvote 40

invent4hir

Bronze Member
Aug 1, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i & DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might want to get tested for Lyme Disease.

OP
OP
cannonball

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
DEUS 11 Fisher F75ltd,TDI Minelab Excailber
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So I went back in time (past few) months and tried different setting at the same site and found this.... 26 all.jpg My deep coins are in the 3-4 foot range

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That 'tick' stuff is NO joke ! Be Careful ! Protective clothing,Deet ,as strong as you can buy, And shower as soon as you get home

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet coin! Of all the creatures on earth ticks is the only one that gives me the heebie jeebies! I HATE THEM!

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice KG I I have found several of them, including three 1723s, but dang I haven't found one in probably 20 years!

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least you found something worthwhile!

I swear I think I could pick one up walking across a parking lot. I've been one blessed soul not to have caught something with the hundreds altogether that I've found on me through my lifetime. Found this one yesterday after checking out the land for maybe 15 minutes. Never got off the path.

tick.jpg

Pulled him off and put a little iodine on the spot. Gave him a drop, too. Didn't want him to feel left out.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread