Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
RD118.jpg .. RD119.jpg .. RD120.jpg ..

Year is just about over but did get in couple hunts this past Weds..11th and Thursday the 12th.

First hunt dug a lot of sinkers with very little trash but did come out with 3 beautiful Golds. The First a Victorian 18k Gold ring with stunning engraving and ruby colored stones, the second a early 1900's signet, and third a inscribed 18k Cigar Band. ...
G.L. to D.F Dec. 16 . 88 (1888) just a few days off from finding it the 16th...........Also dug were two silvers, a Merc and walker half, 1943

21d.jpg

Thursday's water hunt was more of recon trip to check out a old beach up a river since the bay front waters were to rough to hunt. Lots of trash here, did dig several bottle caps but came out with a real stained 1953 class ring which cleaned up very nice.
RD121.jpg

20191212_145500.jpg

21c.jpg

Found right under the pier in chest deep waters.

under peir gold ring.jpg

Been a very Blessed year on Gold...

Last edited:
Upvote 43
OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
You have done your homework and found those older swimming areas that yield the beauuuutiful older gold. Congratulations on another great hunt.

For your water hunts do you use a kind of wader or a wetsuit? And what type of gloves do you wear? I usually use a wet suit, but it has been too cold to continue water hunting that way. Any assistance would be appreciated. Keep swingin.

Thank You tnt!
I hate the cold so for me the only way to hunt all year long is go drysuit, Bare Rear Zippered, XXL so I can wear undergarment to keep me warm, for the hands I have a SI Tech dry glove system , the gloves are XXL so I can get 100gr thinsulated gloves under. Boots I cut the neoprene sox's off of the drysuit and installed Muck Arctic Pro's...nothing worse then cold feet. For the face I use a neoprene hood, full cover. That's about it, took me several years to get it where I can go anytime. Good Luck!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Excellent work! 2 or 3 gold rings a week and one could quite easily quit their job and become self employed. Hmmmm............

OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Kinda off-topic question for OBN (and any others), but have you found any kinds of gloves to be best for cold water hunting? Without knowing better, I apparently (i.e. according to my doc) damaged the blood vessels in my hands after they were repeatedly frozen ice-fishing 50 and more years ago. They are not so much painful as less functional in the cold and embarrassing when I shake someone's hand and they recoil after touching "the hands of ice".
I do have the ones that fit to my drysuit but you could order drysuit wrist seals and put them on the gloves I use...then I wear a 100gr snow glove under for keeping warm.
xx.jpg

OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Can you post a pic cause thats a seriously cool collection.Your hard work paid off.
Thank You, Yes a lot of time and effort went into hunting this year...Give me a day and I'll put a picture up of this years rings. Lots of Old Beauties in the collection..

OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Many Thanks for all of the Likes and Kind reply post. I don't expect much more if any. But I do enjoy starting over the beginning of the year...More of a challenge. Good Luck to all and Thanks Again!..

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks OBN,
The water levels can be more favorable here in the winter for fossil hunting along the Cliffs and this could do the trick.

Your pics of dated rings will be a great reference for years to come. Thanks for posting them.

OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, 121 anything is impressive. 121 gold rings are beyond fantastic.
BTW, the stones in the 1st ring appear to be Rhodolite Garnets.
Great finds!
Thank you! Been a very Blessed year! And Thank you for the info on the stones, I'm not real good ID-ing them.

I just checked a description of a Rhodolite Garnet..You nailed it! Thank You!

Last edited:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

NZ49er

Apr 3, 2018
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank You tnt!
I hate the cold so for me the only way to hunt all year long is go drysuit, Bare Rear Zippered, XXL so I can wear undergarment to keep me warm, for the hands I have a SI Tech dry glove system , the gloves are XXL so I can get 100gr thinsulated gloves under. Boots I cut the neoprene sox's off of the drysuit and installed Muck Arctic Pro's...nothing worse then cold feet. For the face I use a neoprene hood, full cover. That's about it, took me several years to get it where I can go anytime. Good Luck!

Thanks for the info that should be very helpful in the future. Keep raking in the good stuff.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread