2nd Time out with the SIMPLEX and found SILVER Today - HAPPY NEW YEAR 2020

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
AS promised I said I would give updates on the Simplex - So went back TODAY to the same Florida park as the 1st day with it that has been heavily hunted over the years - And found another $6.21 and my FIRST SILVER with it a 1951-D Roosevelt Dime. Also found a 1939 wheat cent. Found 15-quarters, 23-dimes & 16 cents for a total of 54 coins in a little over 4 hours. HAPPY NEW YEAR:icon_thumright: - Good Luck & Happy Hunting in 2020.

BILL

Upvote 11

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
WTG, wlb42! While no spanish silver yet this year (yeah, I saw your avatar) there's quite a bit of time to come up with some more.

OP
OP
wlb42

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG, wlb42! While no spanish silver yet this year (yeah, I saw your avatar) there's quite a bit of time to come up with some more.
Hey, "Tuberale" - Thanks, because that reminds me to get back to that park where I found that 1/2 Real Cob and it was only about 4 inches deep that adjoins a Spanish Mission where my daughter a Florida Archeologist for the State of Florida worked for over 20 years and help uncover several Spanish coins & many Spanish artifacts over the years on that "off limits" State Park site to metal detectors - However by their request I have been on their site to recover some ferrous property stakes etc. I will let YOU know when I search it - So thanks for reminding me - Good Luck & HH, my friend.........BILL

P.S. Here is a larger obverse & reverse of my avatar: 1668-1697 half real.JPG 1668-1697 half real mexico city mint.JPG

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice hunt, congrats! The more I read and view about the Simplex the more I need one with me in the car for quick hunts! :tongue3:

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Seems like you may have a winner on your hands- Congrats and continued GL!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats how we do it that Simplex is gonna be ripping some goodies this year Well done

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy new year to you also

CTXAgGetter

Mar 2, 2019
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Minelab Equinox
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice! Speaks well of the Simplex and your talent to find a silver on the 2nd hunt with a machine in a heavily hunted park. All those memorials with only one wheat made me think at first you were hunting a new park before I read your words. Pretty crazy to come up with a silver in an old hunted park, with all those newer coins and only a single wheat. It tells me the park has indeed been hunted hard in the past, that Rosie was masked by something else... and the Simplex sniffed it out!
Need to get me one of those.
Great job!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread