Only had an hour due to high winds

Kryptomaniac

Greenie
Oct 27, 2007
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's Electronics "DFX"
Well, I went on my first hunt today at dam neck beach,

Found some trash Quarter, dime, three pennies, and what appears to be a shell from a bullet, maybe .50 cal?
Winds were awfully bad out there which made for an unenjoyable experience, plus I didn't want all that sand blowing in my DFX. Wish it would have been nicer out though, maybe I will check out my backyard later.

Jason

Upvote 0

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to be stationed in Norfork .Wish I would have had a detector back then. Lots of places to hunt .

Tinman

Jul 5, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, 9" Coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Given where you live, you better go ahead and put a whites .99 cent speaker cover sticker on to keep the sand out. Sounds like you had a pretty good day despite the wind

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX
Kryptomaniac said:
Winds were awfully bad out there which made for an unenjoyable experience, plus I didn't want all that sand blowing in my DFX.

Jason

As long as you're using headphones...and have tape covering the speaker on the box, not much can happen to your DFX from dust, dirt and wind.
Trust me on this. The DFX is a tough machine ;) Water is the DFX's enemy. The display housing and the main box are not sealed well from water. After a LONG time beating the crap outta my DFX I was surprised how clean the interior was when taking it apart for service.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions