Scabbard tip? Worth it's weight in lead, & tragedy strikes

Georgivs

May 16, 2018
Athens Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went back to the site where I found the 1836 pistol lock and dug every signal. (pull tabs not shown)

20200112_164932.jpg

Damaged this piece of brass when I was digging it out, shaped suspiciously like a scabbard tip. Probably some repro?

20200112_165256.jpg

Well this sounded awesome, previously found some lead solder (and the soldering iron) and a chunk of lead pipe, but this lead ingot made the detector scream.

20200112_165516.jpg

Then this happened... the ol girls suffered some abuse between being strapped to boats and rattling around the car I guess. JB weld and longer screws are in her future.

Upvote 10

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure looks like a scabbard tip that's freakin cool that's a good hunt in my opinion wow great find. Keep rippin my friend. Tommy

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice find, sorry about the AT Pro. Please place you AT Pro mod/fix in the Modification thread section. Good Luck! :occasion14:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That happened to mine Garrett gave me a new box for free It wasnt under warranty or anything they have a great service dept

OP
OP
G

Georgivs

May 16, 2018
Athens Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That happened to mine Garrett gave me a new box for free It wasnt under warranty or anything they have a great service dept

I'd love to speak to whoever you got in touch with, used their contact form on the website and this was the reply:

"All parts affecting the electronic components are proprietary and cannot be sent out. That said, if you are located in the US, you could send your AT Pro in for our technicians to repair if you so desire. Our preferred procedure would be to first create an RMA number for anything coming in – we’d take down your return shipping address, a contact phone number and the serial number of your detector and give you the number to write on the package. Then, you’d send in the coil and control box and our techs would look it over and get back to you with the repair estimate and see how you want to proceed. Please let me know if you would be interested in getting this process started and I’ll be happy to assist."

Repair estimate? I just need the case! I'm not going to ship my detector off for who knows how long while they tell me what I already know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread