Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I mean....it really gets tough when all one finds is clad. Especially in an area known for being old! I just can't figure this place out!

I don't expect old, silver nor gold *every* time out. Been doing it too long to think that, I know how it works.

Still.....not even a Wheatie!?!? In countless hours there I think I've found a total of 4!

Anyway, yes, I did think about giving up the hobby. But.....I think that just about every three walks anyway. :tongue3:

0114201749~2.jpg
0114201753~2.jpg

Did get a lil surprise. This bracelet thing? It's painted silver! Rang up at 86 on AT too.

Just never know....do ya? :dontknow:

Of course, I'll be out again. But, I gotta admit, its really hard to call what I'm doing "fun" anymore.

Thanks for peeking folks!

Upvote 23
OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nickels! Nickels! I found enough nickels to do something with today! Good grief!

WELL???? Where's the post!?!?:tongue3:

All that skill in finding the midtones, you *must* be very proud!! So why aren't you sharing? Is it cuz anything newer than 1900 is just a waste of time? LOLOLOL!

Sure makes me feel good about all the clad I post! :tongue3:

Wish I could have gone with you so I could prove there are clad quarters there. Lol

Thanks for your support Top Cat. Seriously, I know all you guys are trying to help. I promise, next walk, I'll bring a pile of relics and midtones. Lol

Thanks for having my back and the timely kick in the arse. :laughing7:

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One tip that I can offer concerning the frustration of finding little to nothing exciting - is to get out into the woods , away from the citified parks and fields - Where the hunt is so beautiful that it becomes a real joy ! I find the forest floor hunts to be a lot less filled with modern trash - and the occasional old coin , or relic will turn up (there is a fair bit of rusty iron cans and roofing) basically it's a much less pounded environment - very quiet
with a shot at older coins and relics . This has kept me from becoming depressed about urban
detecting - restored the wonder and beauty to my detecting ! Cheers .

Schammitt

Jan 8, 2020
NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher and coin master
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have been detecting for 2 years now and we just found our very first wheatie last month. Hang in there maybe the both of us will soon find the coin we have been waiting for in 2020..

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know for me it was going to the same places I was comfortable going to and the big thing after going out many times I realized I was swinging my coil way too quick but what I love is the more awesome stuff you find gold silver spills ,relics half the fun is what's next and there are times for 15 20 hunts nothing good but I still love it I'm sure in all your years you've got some great stuff to show for it. I'll tell ya yard sales and thrift stores are fun too tons of silver and hidden gems Snap on and Mac tools for pennies that's a different kind of t hunting but fun also coin roll hunting if you have the patience. Keep rippin my friend finds will come

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Never quit! :occasion14:

Positives: lovely walk, find cool things, play in the dirt "like a child" and meet cool people. Negatives: Only 24 hours per day

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I started detecting in 1983 you could go out and EXPECT to find at least one silver coin almost every time out. Over the years that's changed to where I HOPE to find a silver coin or piece of jewelry and most times I don't. If it wasn't for clad to keep the finds coming in I'd quit. Anytime I do get some silver is a big deal now. I don't mind digging just clad because the hobby is still fun and I use the year's clad finds to BUY some silver or gold. Don't give up...….

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread