[BANNER] 1849 Territorial Half Eagle - Page 7
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Like Tree380Likes

Thread: 1849 Territorial Half Eagle

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    31916 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    It is already on the banner.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

us
    Apr 2013
    Eastern Massachusetts
    AT Pro, XP Deus
    4110 times
    Metal Detecting
    You, may friend, are living the DREAM.....What a wonderful discovery. Major, major Congratulations!!!!!

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    8234 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by PetesPockets55 View Post
    Bump and ditto for me. Says I don't have permission to view when clicking on the banner.
    Same here....
    ​Avitech Associate

Jan 2020
    Pa. 19512
    Garrett
    143 times
    Have the same problem here guys. Thought I did something wrong, guess not!

Charter Member

Dec 2012
    MXT-PRO Sandshark
    14269 times
    Metal Detecting
    Now you can hire a 14 year old girl to scream for you
    Bedrock Bryan likes this.

Sep 2005
    Puget Sound
    Minelab CTX 3030, Whites DFX
    12178 times
    Holy f***. That is one heck of a find there my friend. Territorial gold? Not sure I've actually ever seen one found and posted by the finder here on TNet. Maybe someone with a longer memory than me can think of a time this has happened before. You should probably hang up your detector, not gonna top that. By the way, what were the Lat/Long of this location? Lol. Hope you get another one!! You never know!
    CoinFetcher and Bedrock Bryan like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Randy

Feb 2015
    Fullerton CA
    Minelab CTX 3030 AT Pro
    7443 times
    OMG the banner of banners. Moffat Gold is worth tons of money!!! Time to slab it
    Bedrock Bryan likes this.
    Anything That Comes Out of The Dirt Is Awesome!

Best find 1941 Patek Philippe 2 register flat pusher Chronograph Bought 1,000 Sold 62,000 !!
    First Year 911 Porsche Purchased 36K SOLD 140K!!! Whoo Hoo

us
    George

Jun 2019
    Ak,Tn
    Minelab, Fisher
    721 times
    Prospecting
    Well done, outstanding find....

us
    My Find of a Lifetime!

Oct 2006
    Philadelphia Area
    White's MX Sport, Minelab Excalibur 1000, Teknetics T2 SE
    857 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Congrats on a banner find. I would recommend sending it in for grading.

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
    6686 times
    Quote Originally Posted by goldbrick View Post
    It had been a year since I had been able to hook up with my buddy Strick to do some relic hunting. This day was day 3 of my visit with him and we were off to a private property in the low Sierra foothills of California to meet up with Strick's friend, the ranch owner, and detect an early gold camp. We have been hunting this area for a few years when our schedules will allow. The last time I was here with Strick he had found a Quarter Eagle and some seated coins while I had only found buttons.
    On this day things were not looking so great for me as I had only found one nice button and the usual assortment of period trash while Strick had scored a nice cast buckle wreath. We had just taken a break and had compared finds with the ranch owner, discussing the "whatizits" we had found. It was getting later in the day so we went back to detecting. I had earlier got into an area with quite a bit of scattered iron which developed into a nail bed which was obviously the remains of an old structure. So I returned to the heaviest area of nails which was about 250' away from the location of Strick's gold coin find, and was carefully searching through the machine gun iron signals when I hear a definite but scratchy signal on my Deus. It was jumping around depending on which direction I swung but was repeatable. Just another bullet or cartridge I think as I pop the plug. Then I see about a quarter of a gold coin sticking out of the plug as it crumbles. I didn't stop to savor the moment or reflect on my find like you hear so many times. I started screaming like a 14 year old Valley Girl, " I found a gold coin" and waving my arms at my friends who were a short distance away.
    On the journey back to Stricks' I looked up the value of the coin as people always ask. I didn't much care as I did not plan to sell it but that is usually the first question from family and friends. I had not cleaned it well or looked at it too closely but I knew it had some wear so I figured a ball park figure of $500?
    It wasn't until we returned to Strick's place that he was looking at it through a low power microscope and he says" Her headband doesn't say liberty it says Moffat". I had never in a million years ever dreamed I may find a Territorial coin but I knew in an instant that I had just scored the find of my life.
    Congratz on a beautiful , historic , & just all out cool find.
    As I am finding , In life we begin having the Blissful happiness & the Wonder & innocence of a Child, then fall Quickly, then spend the rest of our lives trying to reach that point where we began ,through Pleasure , Fame, & Materials but Only 'Through true faith in Jesus , can we find Prefect Happiness or true Meaning in our Short lives on this Beautiful Earth filled with both the Light of Pure goodness & The Darkness of Pure Evil. D.

That Said, I judge No Man.
    Davers

us
    Don

Feb 2016
    Missouri
    macro racer 2, whites mx5, trx pinpointer
    1080 times
    Metal Detecting
    Wow congrats on the gold and not just any gold either. Banner from me also!!

Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County, Pa.
    2 MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO's .......3 Garrett Pro Pointers Sovereign XS-2 Pro ....... 2 Sovereign GT's
    37547 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff of pa View Post
    Banner Link is corrupted .
    Waiting for Admin
    Link from Banner Picture has been Corrected by Administration
    WannaDig3687 likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    8234 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff of pa View Post
    Link from Banner Picture has been Corrected by Administration
    Hurray, the link works! A well deserved banner
    ​Avitech Associate

us
    Jun 2019
    Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    117 times
    Metal Detecting
    Truly amazing find, Congrats! Whoever lost that back in the day must have been really pissed off. haha
    trdking likes this.

us
    Jun 2009
    Florida & Hong Kong
    2894 times
    It took a while to be able to click this banner (it was taking many of us to an error message.) It was absolutely worth the wait.

What an awesome find, congratulations!
    trdking likes this.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links