More Park Finds, 121 F collar disc, (silver?) Locket, Aussie penny.

Georgivs

May 16, 2018
Athens Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey everyone, went back to the park today and dug every signal. Found 2 mason jar lids with jagged glass rims inside and a hunting arrow, good reminder why I wear gloves.

20200119_170515.jpg 20200119_170637.jpg

I saw GEORGIVS and my heart started racing, then I saw the kangaroo on the other side. 1943 Australian penny, still better than a stinkin lincoln. Does anyone know about the 121 F collar disc? A quick google comes up with nothing relevant. Not quite sure what the little lead object is, it has a seam but is way off round. The locket appears to be marked but I can't make out what it says. Looks like maybe pewter?

Upvote 10

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
From Wiki. :
The 121st Infantry Regiment is an infantry regiment of the Georgia National Guard that saw combat service in the First and Second World Wars. As a result of army-wide reorganization in the 1950s, the 121st Infantry ceased to exist as a tactical unit. Today, some units of the Georgia National Guard trace their lineage to the 121st Infantry. Gary

OP
OP
G

Georgivs

May 16, 2018
Athens Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
From Wiki. :
The 121st Infantry Regiment is an infantry regiment of the Georgia National Guard that saw combat service in the First and Second World Wars. As a result of army-wide reorganization in the 1950s, the 121st Infantry ceased to exist as a tactical unit. Today, some units of the Georgia National Guard trace their lineage to the 121st Infantry. Gary

Thanks! I was searching for division, not regiment, must be why I was coming up with nothing. That makes sense because I did find it in Ga.

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know I would be bummed too that it wasn't an older coin but you are certainly right it's better than a Lincoln memorial!!! I found one from that time period from south Africa.

OP
OP
G

Georgivs

May 16, 2018
Athens Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wanted to add an edit saying that I figured out what the stemmed off round lead object is, a bell knocker!

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
or maybe the round lead is a jig head , any trace of iron eyelet or hook?
images

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the nice hunt! :occasion14:

kleinerschmitter

Aug 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Excalibur II, Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
So, I think your locket has a middle hallmark which is a lion facing left which is a hallmark for sterling silver!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread