Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had posted the following a few weeks ago;

"Unusual Find in Virginia
so, ... I found a cemented pole dirt volley-ball court in the woods (net long gone). I thought it would be cool to go in there with my trusty BH 202 and test the pointer that my Wife got me for Christmas today. Alot of dead, moist leaves about 2 inches deep. Kinda tough, having false positives, .... cranked the sensitivity back as things settled down. Got a solid hit, very repeatable, ... started digging, .... found a hibernating green Tree Frog. Stopped digging, ... went home, ... picked a bad time to stop drinking"

Yesterday I went to a park that has two basketball hoops. I found a few quarters and pennies, ... then got a strong sharp signal of 92, ... pinpointed the target and started digging, ... the dirt began to 'move', ........ Another Hibernating Tree Frog! This one was way smaller than the first Frog. I don't like disturbing the Frogs. I put the Frogs 'nest' back together in hopes that I didn't hurt his survival chances.

What's odd is if somebody told me to go out into the throws of Winter and bring back a Tree Frog, I'd never find one. So far, ... 2020, Two Frogs. The Simplex and Bounty Hunter 202 blast right through the Frogs body, thankfully, none were hurt, just disturbed, ... like me.

Last edited:
Upvote 13

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So Frogs ring up as a 92? :laughing7:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool find!

Last year I was in the woods at a 1700's site and low and behold I dug up a sleeping frog. I carefully reburied him and hope he was well. :icon_thumleft:

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too, have had the luck? to unearth a hibernating frog, but the signal I was chasing was some clad near my sleepy friend. Very weird that your frogs actually registered as a metallic target... Ddf

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok,...... think logically,......

Ok,.... if the frogs each swallowed a quarter it would come up 90~91

So it's not such a leap to get a signal of 92

I mean it's not likely the frogs were each wearing a wristwatch.

OP
OP
Richard Guy

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
lol.

Ever have one leap onto your face ?

Slimy suckers.

No, but it could happen as they seem to jump 'willy-nilli'

OP
OP
Richard Guy

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool find!

Last year I was in the woods at a 1700's site and low and behold I dug up a sleeping frog. I carefully reburied him and hope he was well. :icon_thumleft:

I totally believe you, ... did he 'ring-up' ~ 92 ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread