Bottle digging!!

Courtzzy

Nov 28, 2019
Franklin, Tn
Detector(s) used
Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even when it’s dark you have to find the bottles! Haha we found a lot of 1800’s-1900’s bottles and objects to add to our collection!! ☺️ If anyone knows any info on dating old bottles I would love to know! I know the seam lines and Pontil marks way to rough date bottles. Not sure if the seam line rule always plays true though. Any comments on that? HAPPY DIGGING! 82018B68-148C-4EE6-BF8F-0139D96561D2.jpeg 8E8773A4-70B4-49DA-A08D-5C132A39A759.jpeg 532653EE-5053-4D70-8BB7-05062C600222.jpeg

Upvote 36

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to dig bottles as a kid, & I would still do it, if I knew a place left to try!

The display looks great!:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Courtzzy

Courtzzy

Nov 28, 2019
Franklin, Tn
Detector(s) used
Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I’ve honestly look at every bottle website there is. Lol. They’ve actually helped out a lot with dating and helping me figure out what type of bottles they may have been. But there’s some bottles I have that I can’t find ANYTHING on and it’s so frustrating. I know one other person has to have found the bottle that I found, but it’s like it doesn’t exist. 😂maybe I’ll post the bottles on the forum on bottles!! Maybe someone can help!

OP
OP
Courtzzy

Courtzzy

Nov 28, 2019
Franklin, Tn
Detector(s) used
Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can we go with you?! Lol. We’re in franklin. About 15 mins from there. My grandfather used to own about 300 acres in Leiper’s Fork, but he sold it sadly. It’s a very cool town, but it’s really small. If you blink you may miss the downtown section. lol

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome display case good to see how much your finds mean to you. Great to have someone who loves this as much as you. Well done keep em coming. Tommy

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love that display case (and I'm a display freak) ! Always appreciate seeing the cases.

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Can we go with you?! Lol. We’re in franklin. About 15 mins from there. My grandfather used to own about 300 acres in Leiper’s Fork, but he sold it sadly. It’s a very cool town, but it’s really small. If you blink you may miss the downtown section. lol
I can check with the permission getter, she did all the talking and she’s also a member here, maybe she’ll pipe up. It’s going to be way too much land for 2 of us to cover. My buddy Sean had to cancel due to something about a pregnant wife having a kid

broken_detector

Mar 10, 2013
Alma Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Classic ID, Mikronta 4003
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Even when it’s dark you have to find the bottles! Haha we found a lot of 1800’s-1900’s bottles and objects to add to our collection!! [emoji3526] If anyone knows any info on dating old bottles I would love to know! I know the seam lines and Pontil marks way to rough date bottles. Not sure if the seam line rule always plays true though. Any comments on that? HAPPY DIGGING! View attachment 1792949 View attachment 1792950 View attachment 1792951
Dang love that display case. Used to have a nice one in my hallway as a kid that we displayed our treasures. Very nice bottles also .

OP
OP
Courtzzy

Courtzzy

Nov 28, 2019
Franklin, Tn
Detector(s) used
Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My boyfriend and I would love to join if possible! We wouldn’t want to intrude or anything though! Wouldn’t that be awesome though if through this forum We met and were able to detect together. Haha. Crazy.

broken_detector

Mar 10, 2013
Alma Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Classic ID, Mikronta 4003
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My boyfriend and I would love to join if possible! We wouldn’t want to intrude or anything though! Wouldn’t that be awesome though if through this forum We met and were able to detect together. Haha. Crazy.
Wish u guys were in Arkansas we have alot of bottle dumps here haha

OP
OP
Courtzzy

Courtzzy

Nov 28, 2019
Franklin, Tn
Detector(s) used
Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish u guys were in Arkansas we have alot of bottle dumps here haha
Mannnn. I wish we were also!! I absolutely love bottle digging and trash pit digging. You never know what on earth you’ll find!? And I love looking at all the old embossing on the bottles and researching them. Last week my dad pulled out a bottle that was entirely filled with mercury....it dumped out all in the bottle pit we were digging. We kept it and put it in a closed vile in the cabinet. Tbh I was terrified of that stuff. I know how deadly it can be...but it’s crazy to hold the vile! You can feel the weight of it. It’s heavy!! Crazy how when you move the vile around it all stays together!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeap, did that with Shaun7 years ago & we are still in touch.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea it’s in the case! I’ll attach a photo!! It’s an old bottle that is embossed with a T&M. Says online it was made from 1840-1860 but that may be wrong! View attachment 1793192 View attachment 1793193

The attachments won't open, but I know the bottle you're talking about. It's listed (no. 486) in William Covill's book on ink bottles, and yes it would date to that time period.

I like the way you have the old tiles across the bottom of the case. I've got a pile of those that Daddy kept from remodeling jobs and may steal your idea!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Courtzzy

Courtzzy

Nov 28, 2019
Franklin, Tn
Detector(s) used
Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We loveeeee the old tile. Some one the pieces still have the makers mark on the bottom! We were able to date them to around the mid-late 1800’s! It’s actually quite strange that they’re all so different, but they came out of the same pit!? There are a lot that are the same but there’s at least like 4 different variants. But yea go for it! It was the best way we could come up with to display them. We knew we wanted people to see them and not just stick them in the bottom drawers. Lol.

OP
OP
Courtzzy

Courtzzy

Nov 28, 2019
Franklin, Tn
Detector(s) used
Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The attachments won't open, but I know the bottle you're talking about. It's listed (no. 486) in William Covill's book on ink bottles, and yes it would date to that time period.

I like the way you have the old tiles across the bottom of the case. I've got a pile of those that Daddy kept from remodeling jobs and may steal your idea!
View attachment 1793590 View attachment 1793592

214D3982-CBE1-4DF0-9F29-601F0280F6D2.jpeg 044A3DC1-2883-41EE-9FAF-D78002C5A258.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Like Bottles Looking like they were Used & Dug, Not like they are right out the
Manufactures door . SO I don't try to Clean them real Well with Chemicals either.

Nice Display !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread