Bottle digging!!

Courtzzy

Nov 28, 2019
Franklin, Tn
Detector(s) used
Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even when it’s dark you have to find the bottles! Haha we found a lot of 1800’s-1900’s bottles and objects to add to our collection!! ☺️ If anyone knows any info on dating old bottles I would love to know! I know the seam lines and Pontil marks way to rough date bottles. Not sure if the seam line rule always plays true though. Any comments on that? HAPPY DIGGING! 82018B68-148C-4EE6-BF8F-0139D96561D2.jpeg 8E8773A4-70B4-49DA-A08D-5C132A39A759.jpeg 532653EE-5053-4D70-8BB7-05062C600222.jpeg

Upvote 36

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You go, girl! That's nice looking display. Most of what I'm seeing is dating 1890-1900 including what is probably a small medicine that you're holding. Join us further down the page under "Bottles & Glass" in the Artifacts section. It's difficult to just launch into a bit on dating bottles or I'd be typing all night, so it's probably better to do it on a bottle by bottle basis. Also, you'll pick up a lot on what's discussed on other people's finds as well, not to mention going back through earlier posts.

OP
OP
Courtzzy

Courtzzy

Nov 28, 2019
Franklin, Tn
Detector(s) used
Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you!!! And yea we’ve been able to roughly date most of our bottles to the late 1800’s-early 1900’s! The oldest bottle I’ve found yet is a Pontil that we were able to date from 1840-1860!! It’s my prized bottle! Although I love all of them equally. ;) but I’ll for sure check out that page! I’m sure it’ll help. Google is great but it only does so much..lol

Treasureman25

May 30, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Mxt pro, coinmaster gt, bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang that a nice hole! Nice finds too! :icon_thumright: Haha last time I dug a hole that deep I unearthed the whole rear axle of a car in my backyard!

Last edited:

Harrison

Jan 14, 2020
Where the treasure is
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a lot of fun today! I’m one lucky guy to have a history loving, bottle digging, relic finding woman like you!❤️��

OP
OP
Courtzzy

Courtzzy

Nov 28, 2019
Franklin, Tn
Detector(s) used
Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh my goodness you have no idea...Lol you should see the size of the area we’ve been digging over the past few weeks. It’s in a huge field and literally looks like a giant black lagoon...haha I should be ripped by the time we dig the whole pit out! But yea all that in the cabinet pretty much came out of that trash pit. Give or take a few items like the button collection at the bottom. The hole in the picture is so tiny compared to the rest of the pit! Lol. Sucks when we have to cover it in each time also....:BangHead:

Last edited:

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful display case with great finds!!!!!!!! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Courtzzy

Courtzzy

Nov 28, 2019
Franklin, Tn
Detector(s) used
Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you!! Really appreciate it! It’s an antique gun cabinet we found that my boyfriend turned into our display case. It turned out perfect; however, now I think we need another cabinet for our finds. Lol I guess that’s a great problem to have!! ;D

Gene Mean

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the great finds! That is a serious hole and a nice display.

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
go to google and do an old bottle search ; there are tons of websites on old bottles ..

Knut dirtfisk

Jul 2, 2013
california
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Proportional
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!! Wish I had me a bottle pit digging woman like your Boyfriend does., he is right, he's a lucky man.

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice haul!! Good to know there’s good stuff in the ground around there. I’m headed to Leapers fork in April to hunt some new permissions, can’t wait, never dug in Tennessee before

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you!!! And yea we’ve been able to roughly date most of our bottles to the late 1800’s-early 1900’s! The oldest bottle I’ve found yet is a Pontil that we were able to date from 1840-1860!! It’s my prized bottle! Although I love all of them equally. ;) but I’ll for sure check out that page! I’m sure it’ll help. Google is great but it only does so much..lol

Is the pontiled bottle visible in the case? I'm not spotting it and would love to see it. You're right about Google and the internet. There's about as much inaccurate information on old bottles out there as there is good info.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread