Lost Signal

Mar 5, 2019
Lowcountry SC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Garrett 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The other day, when I found the spectacle buckle, that I posted under "buckle up", my good friend awdw said that he had one just like it from about a year ago. He had dug his probably within 30 feet of where I found mine. Anyway, when your talking about 17th century buckles, and somebody says "found one just like it," you don't imagine that it's really JUST like it. So we compared them tonight, and it turns out they are exact matches - same mold.

In the second photo I made my buckle black and white and bumped up the contrast. Then I made awdw's 50% transparent and placed it over the image of mine.

They need to be kept together so who gets them?

matchingbuckles.jpg
bucklesmerged.jpg

Upvote 23

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why do they need to be kept together?

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neither of you get them....you should adopt them out.....to me, and yes I will keep them together and safe.:laughing7:

BenFrankOG

Jun 1, 2019
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Excellent find congrats

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a shared custody issue with weekend visitation rights for one of you ! Get a good attorney. Nice finds !

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool and I like the overlay effect to prove they are doubles... I say flip a coin but make sure it's a trick coin! Haha!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well done, congrats! :icon_thumleft:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The person who found the first one but the other should give that person something equil to the buckle or send them to me. Lol why do they need to be kept together in the first place

awdw

Jun 19, 2017
Awendaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s just his way of trying to get me to give mine up. If he builds display case we will talk.

OP
OP
Lost Signal

Lost Signal

Mar 5, 2019
Lowcountry SC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Garrett 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for all the suggestions.

To complicate matters awdw and I each found one half of the same 18th century paste cufflink. Or, maybe that makes it simple. One gets the whole cufflink, and one gets the matched spectacle buckles.

mbcuce

Jan 6, 2019
SC Lowcountry
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400; Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found one too, just not as fancy as yalls.
spectacle.jpg

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Double Buckled Up! Amazing Update to "Buckle Up"

That’s cool , are they knee buckles ? Otherwise why would there be 2 to begin with?and than how does one loose 2 knee buckles lol maybe lost pants too worn some coins in the pockets

OP
OP
Lost Signal

Lost Signal

Mar 5, 2019
Lowcountry SC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Garrett 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That’s cool , are they knee buckles ? Otherwise why would there be 2 to begin with?and than how does one loose 2 knee buckles lol maybe lost pants too worn some coins in the pockets
I was thinking knee buckles, but I guess they could have been used on some horse tack. I don't know. I also don't know how you lose two. We've found a lot of buckles on this site, but this is the only pair. As for coins... I wish. I'm afraid they have been few and far between.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread