1st day out with the new detector.

K

knuckles

I went out to a man made beach which seems to only have about 2" o 3" of sand a place in the Oakland hills called Lake Temiscal. I found afew coins namely 1996 penny,? 2000 penny,? 1997 penny,? 1980 quarter and a very rusted 2000 dime that i found in the grassy area along with a few of the? pennies in different spots. Also a nail, a Few can tabs and a crumpled up tree top applesauce lid.

All were found at differrent depths between 2" and? 4" using a Famous Trails Platinum Series Advanced Metal Detector.? Model #MD9300
All in about 3 hours or so.

Has any one else heard of this detector because I cant find anyone using it elsewhere.

I want to try it on a real beach soon one that is deep sand because the Temecsal beach is clay right below the 3" layer of sand So I couldnt get a? a good idea of the depth capability of my detector.? ? ? ? ?

I still had fun though ,,,,Thanks all.

P.S I`ll get back to you all after the next hunt. ;)

Upvote 0

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Welcome knuckles, sounds like you're off to a godd start. Never heard of that brand before but surely someone on this forum can answer any questions you might have. Good luck and HH.

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
Welcome Knoucles,I have never heard of your MD eather.Hope you can find out.Look forward to your post and HH

R

rvbvetter

Sorry, haven't heard of it either. But you're off to a good start. Look forward to you're posts.
HH

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmmmm, I have used several different brands and thought I had heard of them all, but apparently not!!! Never heard of that one.

F

Floater

Welcome Knuckles and Congratulations on your finds. After reading the info on your detector and the type of controls it has I would say its very good. I like the magnetic/non switch and the sensitivity and the dis control . Looks like you need to know your tones so I have to ask, have you done a test garden and setup different metals. N D Q P PULL TAB AND GOLD AND SILVER and practiced with it or are you just digging everything right now. Let us know and keep posting those finds.Some Pics Too.HH

brandy

Jan 15, 2005
SOUTH ARKANSAS
Welcome aboard. I've never seen that one but after reading your description it seems to be made in China. The others look like Bounty Hunters and I didn't read descriptions but BH is made in TX. As long as it's finding keep on swinging it.

OP
OP
K

knuckles

Floater said:
Welcome Knuckles and Congratulations on your finds. After reading the info on your detector and the type of controls it has I would say its very good. I like the magnetic/non switch and the sensitivity and the dis control . Looks like you need to know your tones so I have to ask, have you done a test garden and setup different metals. N D Q P PULL TAB AND GOLD AND SILVER and practiced with it or are you just digging everything right now. Let us know and keep posting those finds.Some Pics Too.HH

Yeah I am just digging up on every tone at this time, it is a little early to say how deep it will go but it is fun and if in the future i want to get a more advanced better one i`ll have this one as an emergency backup or a loner to a sibbling or a pal I have not done a test garden as of yet just tinkering with it presently. But I will definately keep you updated with the new finds i get... Thanks and HH ;)

Altiman

Aug 1, 2004
Wild Wild West
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The metal detector was a model sold by Finger Hut before it went under a couple of years back. I remember seeing it in a catalog. Have fun

Altiman

OP
OP
K

knuckles

Altiman said:
The metal detector was a model sold by Finger Hut before it went under a couple of years back. I remember seeing it in a catalog. Have fun

Altiman

Now I think were getting some where that sounds about right ... I bought this detector from the sportsmans guide catalog last month and it was closing out there too. Thanks Altiman. ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread