No Idea

Feb 5, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a long story but to make a long story short I found some metal Items in Arkansas and the old Mississippi river bottom, and took my findings to Arkansas State University archaeologists department. They immediately contacted me and said it was pre-Civil War and that this would be the second pre-Civil War site found in Arkansas. They want to excavate the area starting the spring just by looking at the items attached. I also sent pictures to see Arkansas heritage museum in Little Rock Arkansas and they quickly replied and told me that they dated it back to the 1500s and Would date it earlier than that Time if they had any documentation showing native Americans using metal work in Arkansas. They also stated the items that I have are nautical. I would appreciate any help from anyone that has any idea of what I have. The area I found the items is literally covered in more. I found a shoebox for on the surface Within 15 minutes

Attachments

• 86CD9BCF-88AA-4CEB-85F1-B7267EAD76C0.jpeg
    86CD9BCF-88AA-4CEB-85F1-B7267EAD76C0.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 196
  • 285ADEB7-6845-4D6E-A8B3-9E1AA05C59E6.jpeg
    285ADEB7-6845-4D6E-A8B3-9E1AA05C59E6.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 93
  • D48F5E8A-0EAE-4692-8E0D-111618E95E6F.jpeg
    D48F5E8A-0EAE-4692-8E0D-111618E95E6F.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 70
Upvote 10

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the site! Looks like you have yourself a "whatzit"! I am no help, sorry. But it looks cool. :icon_thumleft:

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Cool story. Need better and more pics. Welcome to tnet.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy, they went from 0 to 1,000 is half a second. What is the material made of, like is it magnetic or not? I wonder why they think its nautical. I'd like to see pics of the rest. We have stuff from the 1500's and onward around here, so it's possible I can connect some dots on your finds.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1500’s...nautical and Native American.. I’ll bite! Getting popcorn ��.... suppose the OP will be back? Ddf

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How can these supposedly contacted archaeologists say pre Civil War, when they can't tell you what you have? Show the shoe box full.

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you've mentioned native Americans, nautical , civil war, and the 1500s , Arkansas State University archaeologists AND Arkansas heritage museum told you all this but failed to mention what they are ?

I don't know what they are but I'm pretty sure what they are not!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing! :occasion14:

MadTom

Dec 6, 2016
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Bandido umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure what I’m seeing there, but does look primitive. I really hope you report back with any findings that they have. That’s really cool

MadTom

Dec 6, 2016
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Bandido umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure what I’m seeing there, but does look primitive. I really hope you report back with any findings that they have. That’s really cool

OP
OP
D
Feb 5, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it’s magnetic. One of the reasons is I dropped a pin in a Almost the exact spot I found them and it was center of the old Mississippi River. I have some other stuff. It’s very close to where they found the sultana. I will send you some more pics.

OP
OP
D
Feb 5, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted a few more pics and I’ll be honest the reason I haven’t been back was just one bad Apple. I will be posting more pics tomorrow. I don’t like to be doubted on what I have. I eventually will show all. I used to be part of a forum and other than a few we uplifted new people as most of u have. I love to see people who r new in the hunt get positive feed back. Everyone of us have treasure if we just look around.

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
the archies sound like they know exactly what you have found and are not telling you. they look like silver but are magnetic ? ferous would rust being in water for 4 or 5 hundred years .I would want to know what the Archie's know and are not telling you. ...

OP
OP
D
Feb 5, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s exactly the way I feel. I have cleaned some of the pieces. They are silver looking but it is a buildup. As you work down to detail the metal turns gold looking. The silver buildup is almost like a paste when you work it. The archeologists told me that the metal was like a mixture of a lot of metals. She said she had never seen this type of metal

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread