Todays finds from the last of my neighbor's driveway.

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, DR.OTEK MT-XR, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, a GP Pointer Handheld Pinpointer, and a GUZI Waterproof Handheld Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm pretty sure that I have cleaned out my neighbor's chat driveway. It's been a real pain digging through all that gravel but, it's finally done.

Today I was using my Simplex+ and had it set in Beach Mode. I figured out a trick that seems to work rather well in trashy areas. Again, I was in Beach Mode and I set the Sensitivity down to one bar and Iron Volume at one bar. I would swing at a medium speed until I had a loud target hit. I then upped the Sensitivity to four bars and scanned the area again, this time at a faster rate. This would give me a fairly accurate depth - which is needed when digging in packed gravel.

Most everything I pulled out from two to four inches except the Iron Bar which was at 6 inches and gave me a TID of 09 to 88 so I knew that it wasn't anything special. I dug it anyway.

It paid off! Not super finds but, finds all the same.

02_08_2020.JPG

Cheers.
-DH-

Last edited:
Upvote 2
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well done, keep working that machine! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Diggin' History

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, DR.OTEK MT-XR, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, a GP Pointer Handheld Pinpointer, and a GUZI Waterproof Handheld Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done, keep working that machine! :icon_thumleft:

I am really enjoying my Simplex+ and I'm not having any of the issues that some others are, EXCEPT... that darn High-Pitch tone that makes no sense to me at all. I did read in the manual where it might happen and to lift the coil - which I have been doing for many years. That's why I decided to run it in Beach Mode to see how different it would be. Turns out that it worked really well. I think someone here on Tnet suggested that to another user and I happened along and read it.

My LRP and MT-XR are PO'd at me cause I'm neglecting them but, they are just gonna have to deal with it. :smirk:

Cheers POE.
-DH-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions