Another day at the pond - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: Another day at the pond

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
    6610 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe-Dirt View Post
    I would love to , however, the sand was brought in and is only a few inches deep then you hit pebbles, stones, rocks, and finally boulders and once you’re down 5”or 6” your hole fills with a rather foul smelling liquid that was once water. I’ll take a picture and you will see that a trench would only be possible with heavy equipment. The rest of the pond is lined with at least a 10” layer of rocks, broken bottles and other debris, it’s actually not a very pleasant place to dig(;
    I hear ya lakes / Trash dumps / Storm sewer outlets (all the same here) are a pain to hunt but do have some nice relics esp in Mass .
    Joe-Dirt likes this.
    As I am finding , In life we begin having the Blissful happiness & the Wonder & innocence of a Child, then fall Quickly, then spend the rest of our lives trying to reach that point where we began ,through Pleasure , Fame, & Materials but Only 'Through true faith in Jesus , can we find Prefect Happiness or true Meaning in our Short lives on this Beautiful Earth filled with both the Light of Pure goodness & The Darkness of Pure Evil. D.

That Said, I judge No Man.
    Davers

us
    Sep 2011
    Denver, Colorado
    Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
    3732 times
    Gotcha, Joe. It's doubtful that items would be deep if the floor is hard. Guys were using hoses to keep the never ending flow of water seeping into our trenches out.
    Most had given up and I was out there in an area that was not so productive (because the ares that were productive had been dug down 4 plus feet!) and I dug down about 18 inches or so for say a 10' by 15' area and found my first shield nickel that was another 6 inches deeper.
    I have fond memories of the drained lake. I do remember how bad it smelled but it didn't stop me!

I hope you snag something super cool next time out!
    Joe-Dirt likes this.

Charter Member
    Bryce-IL

Aug 2007
    Wherever Silver's Hidin'
    Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
    921 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Good stuff, J.D.
    Joe-Dirt likes this.
    My field test of the Sunray X-5 coil is published in the May 2010 Issue of Western & Eastern Treasures.

My field test of the Sunray X-12 Coil is published in the June 2010 Issue of Western & Eastern Treasures.

My field test of the Coiltek 5x7 Coil is published in the July 2012 Issue of Western & Eastern Treasures.

My "Deep Coin" Explorer settings, and finds are published in Andy Sabisch's Minelab Explorer & E-Trac Handbook.

Here's the story of my BEST FIND EVERhttp://www.treasurenet.com/forums/be...find-ever.html

us
    May 2019
    Flawda
    Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    1976 times
    If you weren't so far away, I'd offer my small loader to level the playing field...
    Joe-Dirt likes this.

us
    Mar 2014
    south central ohio
    At Pro At Max
    4391 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Joe, Iím really enjoying this journey you are on with this drained lake...just want to mention-donít discount those fishing lures, some old lures bring big bucks!! If you get a chance, research fee-bay or other sites for old lures, you just might have a little gold mine! Ddf.
    Joe-Dirt likes this.

us
    Apr 2011
    Seattle, Washington
    960 times
    Nice work on the catholic silver! I donít find much of those but they are super sweet!
    Joe-Dirt likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Bob

Jan 2018
    Central Massachusetts
    Minelab Equinox 600, AT max, AT pro, 9 coils, 2 Garrett carrots, 2 trash barrels (full) and some dull shovels.
    6269 times
    Coin shooting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtdigginfool View Post
    Joe, I’m really enjoying this journey you are on with this drained lake...just want to mention-don’t discount those fishing lures, some old lures bring big bucks!! If you get a chance, research fee-bay or other sites for old lures, you just might have a little gold mine! Ddf.
    The ones I find the most are the inch long brass minnows, I’ll have to go through my trash bucket (buckets) but I found a ton, really nice high tone when they’re deep. Good thing is all the hooks have rotted off long ago. We might be heading out again tomorrow weather permitting
    dirtdigginfool likes this.
    ďI was a kid once, but I wasnít very good at itĒ

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II & X-terra 705; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i & DFX
    30453 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Great place to hunt, congrats!
    Joe-Dirt likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links