Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, the lawn could be full of little metal. Mine was. Try taking it somewhere else and try it before doing anything else. Sometimes the coil wires go bad also.

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find my Ace 250 goes off real bad between my house and the neighbor's. I have 2 massive radio antenna maybe half a mile away and also a rats nest of powerlines. Maybe some radio frequency interference (RFI) ? I agree with smokey, find a nice secluded spot to test out the rig? Good luck and happy hunting.

PS I found an old swim beach that was undetectable due to RFI. Real bummer as it was a popular spot in the 20s and 30s..

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live 20 mins from Lebanon, and run a AT pro also

bologna321

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2017
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ground balance somewhere there is no metal, turn up discrimination, turn down sensitivity

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Lowering the sensitivity and find a 'good" piece of ground to ground balance. Also, try shifting the working frequency from F1 - F4 and determine if the machine behaves well. :icon_thumleft:

Georgivs

May 16, 2018
Athens Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Buried pipes and power lines really F with my detector, sometimes you just gotta turn the sensitivity down. Also 22 blanks are sometimes used in concrete nail guns or less commonly starter pistols for races.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread