Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vferrari and I went back to my honey hole the other day. We did fairly well. We did about three hours, we both got some nice items. Here's what I got. The junk has already been tossed. Yes, we're determined. The ground was frozen most of the day. I have one rock I'm going to have to pulverize as there may be some gold in it. The farm is in the gold belt. Thanks for looking. IMG_1459.JPG

Upvote 13

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice lead, Smokey! Nice silver, too! I'm looking forward to the spring thaw!

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, the two hardheads went back today. We have now pounded it pretty good. The owner asked us to find an underground feature and mark it, which we did, so my truck got to play all over the farm! We went to some relatively un-detected places and didn't do very well there, although I found a Buffalo nickel way out in the middle of nothing.

We then went over one spot near the old road and V pulled out a couple flat buttons and a couple minies, I got some aluminum and a .22 casing, but not an old one and a minie - finally. I did find one flat button also.

On the positive side, after the farmer plows in the spring, next fall should still be good to find some stuff.

And BTW I still haven't gotten around to crushing that little rock. It's sitting right next to me. The place is in the gold belt around here.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread