Boxing memorabilia-collector opinions needed

whistler84

Jun 9, 2015
BEAN FIELD ,IL
Detector(s) used
Whites MX-7 / Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, what i have here, if im not mistaken is the live pay per view boxing match of Tyson Vs. Holyfield. I believe it to be so, because i recount my grandfather, really looked foreward to this match. He had dish installed,in what is today my house.and bought a brand new vhs player to record the event. I was there, for it. But i only remember the family gathering in general. I do know that this was the only time he had recorded any type of programming. I remember how he just shook his head and was let down about the whole ear fiasco. I currently dont have a vhs player to verify, but im going to take it to a buddys to check%100.....so my question is....would this hold any value to a collector? Since it would be an unedited,non digital recording? Could i slap a silly auction price on it and hope for a bite?.....im letting my imagination get the best if me here.lol
I chose this thread, due to the fact its a treasure, i found today!

Attachments

• 20200221_134928.jpg
    20200221_134928.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Upvote 2

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
Sorry to say that a vid of the fight doesn’t have any real value - would need an actual item verified from the fight itself like a corner stool, mouth guard, gloves, etc. cool find though - was an awesome era of boxing I remember well.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probobly not much I work with some people and Mohammad Ali used to come in all the time we have lots of pictures of Him doubt they are worth much either

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread