I thought I was through detecting my neighbor's front yard until I found this...

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, DR.OTEK MT-XR, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, a GP Pointer Handheld Pinpointer, and a GUZI Waterproof Handheld Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...cool looking Quarter Necklace as well as more trash. I look at finding nails as a good thing - the more I find, the less I have to buy to finish my house addition. [snicker]

I knew I should not of commented that I thought I had finally cleared out my neighbor's front yard because, I didn't make it over to the side of their house today like I planned.

So, I took my Bounty Hunter Tracker IV out for a 5 mile round trip walk early this afternoon - Yup, the walk is an everyday thing but not always with a detector and not always to my neighbor's who is 2 1/2 miles away.

I decided to change the settings to find a bit more targets, knowing that I would find more trash. Five (5) minutes into my hunt I found a Quarter and right next to it, three (3) inches away, was the Quarter Necklace. After that find I really didn't care how the rest of the day went. I did find my first Wheat Penny - a 1953 D which I nicked during extraction. Glad that I already have several of them.

Here are the pics:

02_21_2020_Last_Pass_Neighbors_Front_Yard_0001.JPG 02_21_2020_Last_Pass_Neighbors_Front_Yard_0002.JPG

I am still impressed at how my BH TK4 targets small metal pieces at depths of 8 inches and more.

Cheers.
-DH-

Last edited:
Upvote 18

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the cool necklace. I haven’t seen one of those in a long time. Keep swingin.

Finder Bear

Mar 20, 2019
Newton KS
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Teknetics T2se
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome score, goes to show you that a spot is never fully hunted out. I have lived in my house for 3 years now and hunted it regularly and just now am really finding some good stuff!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very cool quarter jewelry piece! :occasion14:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome necklace you ain't done yet that's cool

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
i'd like to know the mystery ? where a bh gets 8 inches ? my pioneer 101 gets only 4 inches on good days here in the midwest ? nice necklace it deserves a better chain though

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread