Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went for my walk today, beeyootiful weather! A precursor to Spring!

All those people who follow my posts will notice something different today.

Also, those who understand types of hunts, from the results, will know what sort of hunting I was doing today. Sort of explains the smaller number of finds.

0224201811~2.jpg

See? Not much.

0224201808~2.jpg

I think this was a shoe buckle. Thing is....it was a FULL 12 inches deep! I was shocked I even heard it! LOL!

0224201809~2.jpg

I only found one of these silver bracelets today. Its the mate to another one I'd dug up recently. Strange how that works sometimes.

2020-02-24-20-58-25.jpg

I have been complaining about how I can't seem to find a wheat cent here. But, ya know, after I've seen how this ground treats copper....like my large cent and now this Indian head. I don't think I'm missing much. :dontknow:

And now....for the "star" of the show.

0224201233a~2.jpg

Completely due to.....you guessed it, *clad*!

Thanks for peeking!

Upvote 22

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice way to spend the clad! :icon_thumright:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I could poo clad

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd feed ya and walk ya every day tommy if ya could !!! Baaaa ha ha ha !!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could do some serious coin roll hunting

Last edited:
OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice way to spend the clad! :icon_thumright:

I've been using the old one for a solid 8 years! Never a problem! Except,for about the last year I've had to press and hold the button down for it to work. After about a million clicks, I finally broke the switch but only half way. LOL
Tough stuff, those Garretts!!!

Now....I'm on my way toward another decade.

Thanks!

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your buckle definitely is not a shoe buckle, but could be a knee buckle. Does it have little holes (pin terminals) on the short sides?

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your buckle definitely is not a shoe buckle, but could be a knee buckle. Does it have little holes (pin terminals) on the short sides?

As a matter of fact, it does have two little pin holes on the short sides!

Last edited:

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whadi, funny thing... I bought my first good pinpointer with my clad (all quarters). When I bought my first rig in 2013, it came with the CRAPPIEST pinpointer, you had to be within an inch or less of your target for it to beep lol...Accufind or something goofy I can’t remember. Congrats on your new acquisition! Ddf.

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It sure adds up, and you definitely put it to good use!

secondstar

Mar 11, 2017
North Central Connecticut
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox, Garrett Ace Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Clad is great! You can spend it, but it also alerts you to the fact that an area may not have been worked. I found a high grade capped bust half dime in the woods near a lake a few years ago. The reason that I worked the area is because I found a half dozen or so clad quarters from the late 60's... I figured that the area wasn't worked because no detectorist would leave behind so many high conductors. I kept working the area and all of a sudden, an IHP, then a large cent, followed by more IHP's, a 2 cent piece, and finally the half dime. This was over the course of a few hunts, but for me, clad, especially the older clad quarters are an indicator that you should keep working an area!

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whadi, funny thing... I bought my first good pinpointer with my clad (all quarters). When I bought my first rig in 2013, it came with the CRAPPIEST pinpointer, you had to be within an inch or less of your target for it to beep lol...Accufind or something goofy I can’t remember. Congrats on your new acquisition! Ddf.

Thanks DDF!

Say....your equipment list shows you have an AT Pro and the AT Max. Right now, I'm thinking this will be my next clad project and I believe the AT Max is what I want.

Can you say how different the Max was from the Pro? Just curious.

Thanks again!

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clad is great! You can spend it, but it also alerts you to the fact that an area may not have been worked. I found a high grade capped bust half dime in the woods near a lake a few years ago. The reason that I worked the area is because I found a half dozen or so clad quarters from the late 60's... I figured that the area wasn't worked because no detectorist would leave behind so many high conductors. I kept working the area and all of a sudden, an IHP, then a large cent, followed by more IHP's, a 2 cent piece, and finally the half dime. This was over the course of a few hunts, but for me, clad, especially the older clad quarters are an indicator that you should keep working an area!

Yes, totally agree. I can understand people attempting to discern around newer coins. Or even just hunting for higher squeaks. But....anyone worth their salt just cannot ignore all those quarters, no matter how new they are, not without missing everything else!

Lots of quarters? Not been hunted much!

If you've been following, this place has been giving me mega clad quarters! LOL!

Thanks again!

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Llke you, Whadi, I go out EXPECTING and WILLING to dig clad, old and new. Whilst doing so...I rake in the jewelry. Our stats speak for themselves.

You want the bling? You gotta dig the routine cha-ching. :laughing7:

Great hunt, Sub 8-)

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Llke you, Whadi, I go out EXPECTING and WILLING to dig clad, old and new. Whilst doing so...I rake in the jewelry. Our stats speak for themselves.

You want the bling? You gotta dig the routine cha-ching. :laughing7:

Great hunt, Sub 8-)

Yeah, I have always dug the "lesser" coins, even cruddy, dilapidated zincolns. Every now and then, as you put it ka-ching! ;)

I do confess to being lazy sometimes. I'll intentionally skip the lower echelon of the range. Concentrating on, as I put it, the high squeaks. But that's usually when I'm in scan mode for a new place. Getting the layout, so to speak.

This hunt, as you can tell from the nickels, wasn't one of those walks. :)

Thanks!

By the by....how different is the AT-MAX from the AT-PRO? What have you noticed?

Last edited:

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I have always dug the "lesser" coins, even cruddy, dilapidated zincolns. Every now and then, as you put it ka-ching! ;)

I do confess to being lazy sometimes. I'll intentionally skip the lower echelon of the range. Concentrating on, as I put it, the high squeaks. But that's usually when I'm in scan mode for a new place. Getting the layout, so to speak.

This hunt, as you can tell from the nickels, wasn't one of those walks. :)

Thanks!

By the by....how different is the AT-MAX from the AT-PRO? What have you noticed?

Whadi, The ATPro can keep up with the ATMax. However, the Max is a bit more sensitive and verbal. It is a great machine to pick the goodies out of an iron loaded area. I like the threshold feature but still run it wide open just like the Pro. I am now using smaller coils (5x8 and the NEL Snake) and doing very well on finding jewelry in trashy lawns. Cheers, Sub 8-)

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice job on the mid-tone recoveries! A gold ring is in your future! :icon_thumleft:

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks DDF!

Say....your equipment list shows you have an AT Pro and the AT Max. Right now, I'm thinking this will be my next clad project and I believe the AT Max is what I want.

Can you say how different the Max was from the Pro? Just curious.

Thanks again!
Whadi, sorry taking so long getting back, we supply and maintain heat for fracking sites and I’ve just got a break, hopefully it warms up soon and these things be coming off rent.. buuut... I’ve got a few hundred hours on my Max and didn’t like it at first, but soon realized it was actually picking up more targets and I’ve since learned to separate and discriminate my targets. On All Metal mode, she goes DEEP, and the biggest improvement for me was the wireless system... no more tangles! Also love the backlit screen when the sun drops. While it’s almost identical, it’s different, if you get my drift, but love the machine. Good luck and save up that clad for your new Max... Ddf.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread