Can you say Nail Spill?? Kids Toy Gun - Almost whole - and more junk from my yard.

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, DR.OTEK MT-XR, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, a GP Pointer Handheld Pinpointer, and a GUZI Waterproof Handheld Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found every one of these nails in the same 6 inch round, 12 inch deep, hole at varying depths using the Simplex+. I was certain I had hit this area before but, as we all know, it's really never clean.

Todays Finds Home 03_01_2020_0003.JPG

The Toy Gun, Church Key, and the other Thing-a-ma-jig, was found about a foot from the Nail Spill and down just over 5 inches. There is some wording and numbers (I think) just behind the Cylinder on both sides. Kind of looks like HERO on one side, not sure on the other.

Todays Finds Home 03_01_2020_0001.JPG Todays Finds Home 03_01_2020_0002.JPG

And then there is the typical "other" stuff that was scattered all over my yard (Side yard today). I found them 1/2 inch to 7 inches down. Oh, and the Ceramic pieces were in the same hole as the Nails.

Todays Finds Home 03_01_2020_0004.JPG

Cheers.
-DH-

Last edited:
Upvote 6
OP
OP
Diggin' History

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, DR.OTEK MT-XR, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, a GP Pointer Handheld Pinpointer, and a GUZI Waterproof Handheld Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Interesting hunt, congrats! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Diggin' History

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting hunt, congrats! :icon_thumleft:

You know I had to keep digging that nail spill. I would of hated to think I left a Ball jar full of coins buried for the next home owner.

I'll bet I was in that hole for at least 45 minutes - the hole was almost 9 inches round at the bottom - and I left more targets in there. I will hit it again after I get a few days in at a new park I found. I'll just bet the rest of them aren't going anywhere. :)

-DH-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread