NZ49er

Apr 3, 2018
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all.

I've been moved for work and am now in Mansfield Louisiana. Got permission near the civil war battlefield on Sunday and spent the day fighting green brier, poison ivy, and the swamps of Louisiana. Didn't find anything civil war (I think), but take a look at the meager finds below. The badge inscribed with "HONORIS CUSTOS" was the find of the day. It belongs to the 189th regiment which was an Oklahoma National Guard group that saw action in WWII in Europe and in Korea. Here's a link to their Wikipedia page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/189th_Regiment_(United_States)

Also found a 1927 wheat and a 1941 Jefferson nickel.

If anyone can ID the other items, that'd be awesome. Anything from the civil war? I was about a mile from the battlefield, towards town.

Thanks for looking,
-NZ49er

PS: if anyone in the Shreveport or Mansfield area want to get together next Sunday, I'm likely to have the day off to hunt.

20200310_185528.jpg
20200310_191040.jpg

Upvote 9

WG2020

Oct 9, 2018
SW Ohio
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
NZ49er, some nice finds. I like the unit crest from the 189th Oklahoma Army National Guard training regiment. Good luck with your hunts. Walt

OP
OP
NZ49er

NZ49er

Apr 3, 2018
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

JacobD

Apr 30, 2023
Hello all.

I've been moved for work and am now in Mansfield Louisiana. Got permission near the civil war battlefield on Sunday and spent the day fighting green brier, poison ivy, and the swamps of Louisiana. Didn't find anything civil war (I think), but take a look at the meager finds below. The badge inscribed with "HONORIS CUSTOS" was the find of the day. It belongs to the 189th regiment which was an Oklahoma National Guard group that saw action in WWII in Europe and in Korea. Here's a link to their Wikipedia page:

If anyone can ID the other items, that'd be awesome. Anything from the civil war? I was about a mile from the battlefield, towards town.

Thanks for looking,
-NZ49er

PS: if anyone in the Shreveport or Mansfield area want to get together next Sunday, I'm likely to have the day off to hunt.

View attachment 1809916
View attachment 1809917
Are you still in the Shreveport area? I’m interested in searching around here. I just got into the hobby.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all.

Thanks for looking,
-NZ49er

View attachment 1809916
View attachment 1809917
Nice!!!! Congrats!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread