Harrison

Jan 14, 2020
Where the treasure is
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My 3 year old nephew came over today and asked to look for “treasure!” (Usually that consists of memorial pennies and clad coins.) We headed to our back yard to search around. The back yard has been hit hundreds of times and is very low on signals- so I told him to guide me to the “treasure” this time. He ran to the sandbox and stood on a spot. I walked over to him and swung the coil just for the heck of it and low and behold I got a low 90s signal. I was like no way did he just lead me to a silver.... I dug the plug and out popped a 1941 silver quarter. Though not old, I’ll take any silver I can get! Just thought I’d share this crazy story. Hopefully he grows up to dig just like me!
B53F916F-8D7A-4D2D-973D-CEC8114754A4.jpeg
47F0D686-2731-495A-90F1-2504743B9D91.jpeg

Upvote 45

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd take a beat up Washington Quarter like that over a new looking one any day of the week. That one has character for sure. I bet its seen some things in its lifetime. Your Nephew sounds like a future treasure hunter. :thumbsup:

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get a small Riker frame and stick that quarter in it. Give it to him for good memories!:thumbsup:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hes a natural great post lol

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd take a beat up Washington Quarter like that over a new looking one any day of the week. That one has character for sure. I bet its seen some things in its lifetime. Your Nephew sounds like a future treasure hunter. :thumbsup:

Future?! I'd say the little guy's got it down. He didn't even need the machine. OP just used the detector like a pinpointer.

OP, I'd be taking that little tyke with me any chance I got. Great story which points to the power of intention and not being old enough to believe that he didn't know where the "treasure" was.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Very nice. Congratulations

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread