Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I drove to NOLA and the parks were filled with people nobody’s worring about the virus apparently, so I drive along the bayou and came across a grassy field that I’ve driven pass a thousand times but it was just cut so I stopped. I was surprised to see a lot of iron square nails, white shells and brick in the clay. It was hard digging but what the hell. My first find was a brass thing I thought interesting then 1897 V nickel very interesting I was freaking out. Then I found a 1926 buffalo. So I came across more iron square nails which were falsing in the low 20’s. Then I hit a spot where it was falsing all over the place but this one had some 30’s mixed in there. Thank God I dig everything. After pulling out about eight square nails I saw what looked like a Mardi Gras doubloon and then i picked it up and looked and fell on my back laughing like a school girl. Here it is in all it’s glory a 1809 8 reales in flawless condition. Unbelievable day to break my 3 month curse. Thank you for sharing in my glory. IMG_0224.jpg IMG_0225.jpg IMG_0230.jpg IMG_0229.jpg IMG_0228.jpg 60599995304__1846604D-8761-496F-9B36-69CE676643C9.jpg 60599994251__A520FC8D-E5A5-4E7D-B391-F70C2061A714.jpg IMG_0226.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 225

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet that was the last thing you expected to find when you left the house. Good thing you checked that field out.
Congrats on a beautiful coin :thumbsup:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumleft::headbang::headbang:
Wooo hooo !! That's a nice one truth....congrats buddy !!

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Truth you keep slowly adding up the stellar finds, you are an icon in persistence we all should strive to emulate! That reale is in super shape, huge congratulations.

I had a mental video playing in my head of you laying on your back in a field kicking your legs and giggling like a school girl while gazing upward into your outstretched hand at that beauty, meanwhile cars are passing by on the nearby highway the occupants looking over wondering wth.[emoji23]

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SWEET!! The king of the Reale series...congratulations Truth that high we get must have kept a smile on your face until... well it’s probably still there lol... My second silver dollar (first Morgan) I dug last year was mixed in with a TON of iron, but it had that little high chirp mixed in and I was more than glad I went after it, pulling old iron nails, pins etc. before homing in on silver...GREAT save! Ddf.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good thing I got extra toilet paper, cuz I just soiled myself.
Congratulations on your soon-to-be Banner find!

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow Truth you keep slowly adding up the stellar finds, you are an icon in persistence we all should strive to emulate! That reale is in super shape, huge congratulations.

I had a mental video playing in my head of you laying on your back in a field kicking your legs and giggling like a school girl while gazing upward into your outstretched hand at that beauty, meanwhile cars are passing by on the nearby highway the occupants looking over wondering wth.[emoji23]

Hey ecmo it was a 45 minute ride home and I didn’t even realize I didn’t have the radio on the whole top lol

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SWEET!! The king of the Reale series...congratulations Truth that high we get must have kept a smile on your face until... well it’s probably still there lol... My second silver dollar (first Morgan) I dug last year was mixed in with a TON of iron, but it had that little high chirp mixed in and I was more than glad I went after it, pulling old iron nails, pins etc. before homing in on silver...GREAT save! Ddf.

Hey buddy it’s my second 8 reale IMG_1997.jpg Adjustments.jpg Bit this one is cherry [emoji523]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread