xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife doesn't want me going out given the circumstances. I understand but the treasure pulls on me like nothing else...
I was allowed a 1 hour hunt so I floored it down to the local hammered park. The time flew by but I was lucky enough to find 2 IHP's and what I believe is a pistol or buck and ball that was poured in a mold that didn't meet up correctly. Check the IHP's after some Andre's pencil action. The one in the middle cleaned up pretty nicely. The other one is a little too wrecked to clean up any more. It was so great to get out and dig a couple holes and find a couple things! That was probably my last time out for a couple weeks or months as anxiety builds and the system reacts. Stay safe and healthy everyone thanks for looking!

Attachments

• IMG_7703.JPG
    IMG_7703.JPG
    845.5 KB · Views: 119
Upvote 19

HIGHSTRUNG

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2019
Camden SC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS 9" HF Coil, Garret Pro-Pointer, MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds. Congrats!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta get that fix....The Wife loves you, my friend!!!!!! hope this all blows over soon.....Tommy Im doing the Harry Potter first to last and try not to watch the news its actually much more relaxing and playing all my favorite Rush Albums stay safe!!!!!!

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Nice digs. I'm thinking it might be the right time to hit those old public areas that are usually crowded with people since they aren't right now.

Grats on the IHP's and, Tommy, Rush is a GREAT band. RIP Mr. Peart.

Stay safe and healthy and HH all.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if this self isolation/lockdown/quarantine drags on much longer, you might find that she lets you out more frequently and for longer periods of time :laughing7:

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800 (as of 10/2019)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That 1905 looks great, with little wear. Nice job with the pencils. My wife is also nervous about any social interaction, but doesn't mind me hitting an empty field or park. I think I would go insane if I couldn't. Good luck out there, and stay safe.

Royn2751

Jan 14, 2017
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been digging at every opportunity since this "event" began. It's been great to get out of the house and enjoy the early spring.
A couple of days ago the Governor imposed a non essential business shutdown as well as a strong "suggestion" to stay at home except for food, medicine, etc. It was mentioned that it was O K to go out for "exercise".
Today, if I understand correctly, If you don't have a damm good reason to be out you might be in trouble.
I'm in NJ and I'm not certain that the authorities would view our hobby as exercise.
I certainly may be overthinking this but would rather err on the side of caution.
Any thoughts from the group?

OP
OP
X

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta get that fix....The Wife loves you, my friend!!!!!! hope this all blows over soon.....Tommy Im doing the Harry Potter first to last and try not to watch the news its actually much more relaxing and playing all my favorite Rush Albums stay safe!!!!!!

I know sometimes love hurts! Me too can't wait to get out for longer hunts. It's a great time for some rock and roll!

OP
OP
X

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That 1905 looks great, with little wear. Nice job with the pencils. My wife is also nervous about any social interaction, but doesn't mind me hitting an empty field or park. I think I would go insane if I couldn't. Good luck out there, and stay safe.

Thanks... it's a little beat up but I get pretty excited when the clean up to this level. Going detecting by myself is pretty much zero risk but I get it we live in a strange super stressful time. Stay sane and keep the finds coming Lenmac!!!

OP
OP
X

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been digging at every opportunity since this "event" began. It's been great to get out of the house and enjoy the early spring.
A couple of days ago the Governor imposed a non essential business shutdown as well as a strong "suggestion" to stay at home except for food, medicine, etc. It was mentioned that it was O K to go out for "exercise".
Today, if I understand correctly, If you don't have a damm good reason to be out you might be in trouble.
I'm in NJ and I'm not certain that the authorities would view our hobby as exercise.
I certainly may be overthinking this but would rather err on the side of caution.
Any thoughts from the group?

I think it's harmless to go out and dig especially by yourself. I think it's ok to go in the name of exercise. Where I was I never came within 20 feet of anybody but there were tons of people out walking the sidewalks... groups of kids. That's got to change if we want to get ahead of this thing. I think if going digging means going somewhere by yourself go for it. If it means hitting the coffee shop, lunch spot, gas station etc it's a needless risk. Be safe and find something great!

Kevin in IN

Feb 21, 2011
N.Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov.GT , Explorer SE Pro , Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, love to dig those Indians. My parrot peeps keeps asking me " Are You Ok ", I gotta stop letting her watch the news. Stay well everyone.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice digs. I just visited a park where I learned to detect right by my house since I’m stuck at home. Very nostalgic

OP
OP
X

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. Get back at it.

The state of Massachusetts just told everyone to stay home, closed all non essential businesses. My job is "essential" at this point I'd have to call in to work "sick" and go detect to evade my wife... come back home with work clothes on... the ruse would get pretty elaborate. My wife would figure it out in a second. Then it would be really hard to detect. haha!

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad somebody is getting out!

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice finds

Bet it felt great to get that hr in.