Well... the Knoll has finally beat me down and won the stamina test, however...

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, DR.OTEK MT-XR, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, a GP Pointer Handheld Pinpointer, and a GUZI Waterproof Handheld Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Almost didn't post this because the Knoll whipped my butt today and only produced trash!

...I did find out what this very long dirt mound was used for back "in-the-day"... it was used for a place to dump their trash! That's all I've been finding in the last section of the Knoll hunt. A ton of nails (enough to finish my house add-on) :), Ball / Mason Jar glass pieces and the Lids to go with them (11 in all but no coinage) :(, disintegrated paper of some sort (man the Red Worms love this stuff - they are HUGE!), bits and pieces of tools and other metal parts that you might see inside a home, Bolts, Nuts, and Screws of various sizes, and many other unidentifiable items.

Here is a SMALL sample of what came out of the last grid section from today:

Last of the Knoll Finds_0001.JPG

And here is a shot of an interesting Crown Bottle Cap (IMO) with a piece of foil coming out of it. Not sure if this is an accidental occurrence or not:

Last of the Knoll Finds_0003.JPG

Thanks for looking!
-DH-

Upvote 4

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sure glad you did post it, very nice finds

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
can we see a picture of the knoll?!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice job cleaning the area, don't give up on the area goodies are still hiding among the trash items. :occasion14:

OP
OP
Diggin' History

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, DR.OTEK MT-XR, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, a GP Pointer Handheld Pinpointer, and a GUZI Waterproof Handheld Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
can we see a picture of the knoll?!

I would but, this is on my property and I'm not one for posting pictures that could possibly give up my location.

If you ever had your identity stolen, you would understand why I am this way.
-DH-

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't give up now. Every time you clean more trash out, chances are you'll start finding the good stuff.

OP
OP
Diggin' History

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job cleaning the area, don't give up on the area goodies are still hiding among the trash items. :occasion14:

Man, this knoll has kicked me in the butt and wore me out!

I wish I could figure out a way to get the Mini Digger in there coz I might be close to some "good" trash. :) The only reason for not using the digger is, I don't want to take a chance on breaking a great find. So now I am in a pickle as I am not sure what other steps to take to clean out what may be left - everything else, targets, are hitting Full Arrows on the Vanquish 540, which is easily over a foot deep. The last hole we dug was over 10" deep - probably more if you add in the angle that we had to go in at.

I hate to think it really has beat me up to the point that I don't want to go back in but, I am going to have to wait on tackling it again until I can come up with a less strenuous way to get to the deep stuff. If I do, I will be going back in with the Vanquish and the Simplex+. The Vanquish is a beast at separating out the iron targets over other metals. I can say that I am impressed.

Oh, and I'm thinking about doing a "Post it all" picture of everything that has come out of it. I will only do that when I decide not to go back in or I finish the Knoll.

And... Thanks for the encouragement!

Take care and stay well.
-DH-

Last edited:
OP
OP
Diggin' History

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't give up now. Every time you clean more trash out, chances are you'll start finding the good stuff.

Thanks for the encouragement!

I will take a few days and think this over. I'm still trying to get back to the new Park I found and there is the creek close by that I want to walk. Maybe after I get that done, I'll go back to the Knoll.
-DH-

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Worth a shot! You never know! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread