Lots of stuff!!!

Bodkin

Oct 9, 2017
Bold Coast & Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Blue Excal 1000, Enox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went on a road trip to FL, just got back a bit ago and have some things to post. I found nothing of importance in FL on my old haunts along the Treasure Coast. And because of "family issues" I didn't get much time to do much of any detecting on the trip. Most was found here, in Down East Maine when I got back. All found with NOX 800, stock coil.
I found this on the eastern shore of Maryland at my friend's house which dates to the mid 1800s. I had about 20 minutes to detect and had to leave early the next morning. targets everywhere and so little time. I barely scratched the surface. Can't wait to get back. 035.jpg 036.jpg 029.jpg 030.jpg
The rest of these were found in Maine over three or so hunts. 015.jpg
Canadian silver 10 cent piece chiseled out of the frozen earth. 016.jpg 017.jpg
Canadian silver 5 cent piece (fish scale) found in the the same hole as the 10 cent piece. 018.jpg 019.jpg
New York Railroad Co. button (?) 027.jpg 028.jpg
Another Canadian silver 5 cent (fish scale) piece. Pretty toasted. 033.jpg 034.jpg
Various "large coins" too toasted to really read. 037.jpg
A couple of clay pipe stems. Still trying to find a whole one. 038.jpg
A compact of some sort. 039.jpg
A nice belt buckle and a couple of musket balls. 040.jpg
A little medicine bottle, the first intact Coke bottle I've found (Augusta, Maine), and a few mason jar lids 041.jpg
That's it for now. Thanks for looking!

Upvote 27

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Nice hunt. Congratulations :icon_thumright:

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's a lot of holes! Favorite is the Railway button :icon_thumleft:

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
Those are some great finds!

Have you tried soaking that toasted fish scale in some lemon juice? Not sure you have much to lose in detail and maybe a lot to gain [emoji2371] Not advice, just a question...

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow good hunt I like that RR but on and all the Canadian coins that's enough finds to make it a fun day. Great post

OP
OP
Bodkin

Bodkin

Oct 9, 2017
Bold Coast & Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Blue Excal 1000, Enox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some great finds!

Have you tried soaking that toasted fish scale in some lemon juice? Not sure you have much to lose in detail and maybe a lot to gain [emoji2371] Not advice, just a question...
No lemon juice yet. Did some tin foil, baking soda and water. It cleaned it up a bit but I didn't want to go further. You are right though, not much to lose looking like it does. I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
No lemon juice yet. Did some tin foil, baking soda and water. It cleaned it up a bit but I didn't want to go further. You are right though, not much to lose looking like it does. I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

A link to a post I had asking for advice...

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/608953-i-need-help-not-wreck-my-silver.html

Now this post was about rust bonded to the silver but I’ve since done it for several coins that had toasting like yours. I figured if Crusader uses it for his stuff (ancient), was I really risking mine? Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread