Metal Working Site - HAMMERED & The Hare & The Fly...

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The sun was shinning, the skylarks singing & the butterflies are out. A nice day to social-distance in the middle of no-where, leaving us a 2-Mile cough radius. We saw 1 dog walker all day.
Ground conditions were perfect as it had recently been drilled with Spring Wheat. We have hammered this site over the years & this field only had a 3 inch turn, so we weren't expecting today's result. (although most of them are tiny coins, as both Cru'dad & I are switched on to the tiny scratchy signals)
6 Hours (our 1 exercise for the day :thumbsup:):

35 Roman Coins (1 good one)
2.5 Medieval Buckles
Tudor Strap-end
Medieval Hawking Swivel
Roman Military Propeller Shaped Belt Stiffener (broken)
Child's Celtic Ring Bezel
Roman Hare Brooch
Roman Fly Brooch
2 Roman Hob-nails
Broken Roman Nail Cleaner
1st C AD Roman Brooch
Circa 1380s Richard II Halfpenny (nice example!):icon_thumright:

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 56
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    154.8 KB · Views: 48
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    173.2 KB · Views: 98
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    183.3 KB · Views: 105
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 51
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 53
Upvote 37

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great day's detecting:headbang:
There seems to be a lot of confusion regarding social distancing, and while I agree being out in the middle of no where detecting seems reasonable, but the police are stopping folks from going out in there car to a quiet spot for daily exercise:icon_scratch:

Might venture a bit further afield myself.

SS

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great day's detecting:headbang:
There seems to be a lot of confusion regarding social distancing, and while I agree being out in the middle of no where detecting seems reasonable, but the police are stopping folks from going out in there car to a quiet spot for daily exercise:icon_scratch:

Might venture a bit further afield myself.

SS
Firstly welcome back, nice to see your still here.:hello:
Yes, the rules are getting worse & worse by the day, it might not be long before a total lock-down. We are making the most of it before they do.:icon_thumright:
I would love a discussion with a Police Officer (who should have better things to do than track us to the middle of a field) that thinks we haven't been sensible. (at this point I see them targeting crowds of youths or idiots)
I'm already Working From Home & not leaving the house for any other reason but occasional food. I need the Sun (Vit. D) for Medical reasons, & quite honestly I've always needed detecting as a Work Life Balance as I'm in a stressful job, without it & being locked in the house, I will just lose it.

Last edited:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, the rules are getting worse & worse by the day, it might not be long before a total lock-down. We are making the most of it before they do.:icon_thumright:
I would love a discussion with a Police Officer (who should have better things to do than track us to the middle of a field) that thinks we haven't been sensible. (at this point I see them targeting crowds of youths or idiots)
I'm already Working From Home & not leaving the house for any other reason but occasional food. I need the Sun (Vit. D) for Medical reasons, & quite honestly I've always needed detecting as a Work Life Balance as I'm in a stressful job, without it & being locked in the house, I will just loss it.
You could tell those cops. "Here I stand. I can do no other".

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could tell those cops. "Here I stand. I can do no other".
Most Police will be sensible, the issue is, that you give them extra 'Powers' & some will abuse them. Power goes to some peoples heads, seen it too many times!

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm already Working From Home & not leaving the house for any other reason but occasional food. I need the Sun (Vit. D) for Medical reasons, & quite honestly I've always needed detecting as a Work Life Balance as I'm in a stressful job, without it & being locked in the house, I will just lose it.
Yes I pop back in to TNet from time to time, I will always be around and hope to do some more detecting after the virus buggers off:laughing9:
I actually spoke to one of my farmers and he was ok with me going on his land, but reading the news this morning I think the lockdown is going to get more strict. If we get to the point of total stay at home I will probably spend more time on here, and chat with old friends and perhaps give a little of advice if I can to anybody that needs any, you could do the same.:icon_thumleft:

SS

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I pop back in to TNet from time to time, I will always be around and hope to do some more detecting after the virus buggers off:laughing9:
I actually spoke to one of my farmers and he was ok with me going on his land, but reading the news this morning I think the lockdown is going to get more strict. If we get to the point of total stay at home I will probably spend more time on here, and chat with old friends and perhaps give a little of advice if I can to anybody that needs any, you could do the same.:icon_thumleft:

SS
Cool.
We are not a Police State yet, it's still all technically 'by consent'. Until the Law changes to take 'my consent' away I'm going to continue to be sensible about it. ie. put no-one at risk.
PS. I'm always respectful to the Police, so if they asked us to leave the field & go home we would comply even if it is madness.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You and your Dad did amazingly well for a site that you've detected for years. :thumbsup:
I just love the large date range of buckles you find in England too.

All I see on our street is folks walking their dogs all day, but everyone here is very conscious to keep a 2m distance.

Dave

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You and your Dad did amazingly well for a site that you've detected for years. :thumbsup:
I just love the large date range of buckles you find in England too.

All I see on our street is folks walking their dogs all day, but everyone here is very conscious to keep a 2m distance.

Dave
They have gone as far as punishing the dogs over here by limiting them to 1 walk a day. How confusing for the dog's routine. If you can't stay 2m 's away whilst Dog walking, how is food shopping allowed!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread