Roman Metal Working Site - 55 Bronzes & 1 Roman SILVER +++.....

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty windy with a number of small showers that included some hail, so I felt a little wind burn today, but nothing to put us off gridding 6 hours.
We are amazed at how much stuff is left, we gridded this area after the last deep plough & it's only had a 3 inch turn. However, it is drilled flat & wet underneath & we are picking up all the deep scratchy signals.:metaldetector:
Now the March Recording Count is complete we have smashed our best ever March Roman Bronze Count - 226 Coins. Previous best 98!

55 Roman Bronze Coins (2 Good ones, back to the usual ratio!)
RARE Roman Military Spur 8-)
Roman Ring Bezel
Roman Tweezers
Roman Bracelet bit
Roman Conical Mount (Cavalry?)
Roman Strap-End (broken in half)
2 Roman Brooches
Roman Balancing Arm for a Scale (bit of)
1/2 a Roman Bead
Celtic Brooch
Roman Siliqua of Honorius circa AD400.:icon_thumright:

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    205.4 KB · Views: 117
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    265.8 KB · Views: 81
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 82
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    147 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Upvote 52
OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is why we know it's a Metal Working Site:

Attachments

• Metal Workings.JPG
    Metal Workings.JPG
    274.4 KB · Views: 122

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Those are great finds! Congratulations!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

NZ49er

Apr 3, 2018
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love that handle. Nice coins too

VERMONTIS

Mar 27, 2013
Upstate NY
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites PI 1000, whites xlt, whites v3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truly amazing !!! Amazing coins and relics:headbang: True dedication on digging from the second post, I'll bet every one of those scrap {?}pieces sounded like a coin also !! All your finds over there are always over the top congrats:occasion14: Happy digging and stay safe- ED

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome hunt with lots of interesting finds

Silver Tree Chaser

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2012
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both the bronze coins and the silver coin look terrific. How many Roman silvers have you dug over the years? Just curious? ???

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@Robfinds:
Understand your view and concerns but they are misdirected. Please consider the following:

I am not taking part in any meetings with other people when out and the only 2 people involved in this (now once a week) outdoor exercise are myself and Cruโ€™dad.
Outside that I am working from Home and stay in the house โ€“ as does Cruโ€™dad. Except when we get food shopping or medicines.
We do not have nor can give each other COVID 19 unless some-one else gives it to us.
I also medically need to maintain a certain amount of Vitamin D which is best achieved outdoors. The SIโ€™s do not ban Metal Detecting but meeting people groups.
Government have allowed us to exercise outdoors each day keeping 2 metres away from people and not to meet with more than 1 person when out.
The government has suggested people even take up hobbies so as to promote good mental health and to keep physically fit..
Cruโ€™Dad and myself are interpreting plus applying all aspects of the Statutory Instruments 2020 No 350 as required in Law and our Civil rights.
Our activity is on land where the General Public do not go, or even know about, except for an odd local dog walker. Even then some ยผ mile away!
Our presence is helping stop birds attacking the crops which is considered an essential need by our farmers to protect the food supplies.
Travel is restricted to our local area and is not banned by the Statutory Instruments. We do not use Public transport in any way.
Of course, if restrictions increase or change they will be followed too. Finally, a PM could have got you the same answers before you fired off inappropriately.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No it is not illegal or has it been banned. You are well with in your rights to do your hobby as long as you follow the rules about distance and crowds. That being said what a great hunt.
Unfortunately my state has ordered emergency orders to stay at home.........

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both the bronze coins and the silver coin look terrific. How many Roman silvers have you dug over the years? Just curious? ???
Answer to date including yesterdayโ€™s is 324 versus 14,444 bronze to date. Ratio of 1 to 44.6 average overall.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No it is not illegal or has it been banned. You are well with in your rights to do your hobby as long as you follow the rules about distance and crowds. That being said what a great hunt.
Unfortunately my state has ordered emergency orders to stay at home.........
Thanks.
There is one thing I can say with certainty, we always follow the Laws to do with Detecting & unlike some people (including myself) Cru'Dad actually reads all the Laws from it's source.
If I were breaking any Laws I would need to be pretty dumb to put them on the www.

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
Good Morning Customer,

This is an important message for all users of UKDN Forum. The whole world is currently in crisis through Coronavirus as you will all be aware. Government and NCMD guidelines state that no metal detecting should be taking place at all. Because this is a highly virulent pandemic we EXPECT ALL MEMBERS of UKDN to follow these guidelines until the restrictions are lifted. Firstly as you well know you are bending the rules, that others are following to suit your selfish self. How do you get to a site, have you got a tardis. Any journey can unexpectedly bring you in to contact with other people. As for excercise, the guidelines donโ€™t mean six hour detecting sessions, this you also well know. And as for vitamin d, most people are confined to home (freely) at this time, have you not got a garden.

Sent

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@Robfinds.

I'm not a member of the UKDN or the NCMD (& not required to be either), & non do I have to follow their 'guidelines'.
The Attorney General has recently stated that we are not a Police State yet & some of the Polices reactions are impeding our Civil Liberties, which our Country have defend vigorously for hundreds of years. I'm not under house arrest.
Once again, I'm within the Law & your continuous attack is unwarranted. I suggest you hit the ignore button, any further attacks will be reported.

It's more dangerous to everyone involved to go shopping, than it is to be in the middle of a field where the closest habitation is 2 miles away.
PS. I have no Garden, therefore can not exercise in it.

Last edited:

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would not know what to do with that many finds!!! Amazing. Thanks as always for sharing all the cool stuff you guys find!

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
OK Cru, I can see now you're beyond reason, I won't bother you again. Just one last thing hough before I go. The deaths for England over the last 24 hours have just been released. 367 most in LonDon and the south east. South east that's near you isn't it. Enjoy your detecting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread