What is this??

PaleoPrincess

Mar 29, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1585679169.472271.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1585679192.194281.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1585679206.833413.jpg

Upvote 12

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reminds me of an electrical insulator of some sort.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Interesting find...a fancy funnel? :dontknow:

firemanphob

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2018
Lanesville, IN
Detector(s) used
White Coin master 4000
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since it has been determined that Universal made meat grinders, I wonder if it could be a sausage stuffing attachment for a sausage grinder. Searched for image of one but couldn't find any.

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no idea what it is, but it’s marked with the “Universal” logo used by Landers, Frary & Clark of New Britain, Connecticut for housewares and other assorted items. They were in business from 1865 until 1965, when their assets were sold to General Electric.

The product range (over the years) has been huge, including:

Cutlery, tableware, knives, shears, razors and such; cookware; weighing scales; plumbing fixtures, water cooler and beer cocks; appliances (electric and non-electric) including irons, toasters, waffle makers, food mixers/processors, juicers, vegetable slicers, can openers, coffee grinders & percolators; ovens & portable stoves; refrigerators; vacuum bottles & thermos flasks; washing machines with ‘sterilators’ & other home laundry equipment; vacuum cleaners; towel racks & other bathroom fixtures; hair dryers & curling tongs; display cases; mouse traps and ice skates!

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
is it hollow all the way through? or does the glass portion have a solid bottom?

OP
OP
P

PaleoPrincess

Mar 29, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So it does have a bottom on the metal part, and it does appear to have tiny holes in it. The metal bottom is open. It does look like it was supposed to be an adapter to something. Just not sure what.

Apr 1, 2020
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does the metal part (bottom?) act as a bowl? Thinking it may have been used to heat or burn some liquid and allow the fumes to escape the small flume (top?) on the right of your picture.

Georgivs

May 16, 2018
Athens Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like part of a coffee grinder, I can't find an image of this exact one, but a lot of them had glass jars at the top (like a hopper, which would make sense for yours with the funnel at top) and one at the bottom to catch the grinds. I guess a lot of people just used a ball jar on top, but I don't see how you'd put it on without spilling the beans everywhere...

Attachments

• universal.jpg
    universal.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 39

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Something made by LANDERS, FRARY, & CLARK - Universal